Rose Absolute, Bulgaria
- Botanical Name: Rosa damascena
- Origin: Bulgaria
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Bright, uplifting, balanced, sensual and sweet with a hint of spice and tart lemon zest; the aroma of fresh cut roses.
- Certificate of Analysis
Bulgarian Rose Absolute
Bulgarian Rose oil with its wonderful fragrance is one of the most sought after essential oils for use in perfumery. It has a deep yet soft and hypnotic fragrance. In Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin, Arctander notes that the delightful fragrance of rose “adds life, depth, warm notes and naturalness to countless floral and non-floral perfumes.”
Used throughout history for its lovely scent, Rose oil – the premier oil of love – encourages a feeling of happiness and contentment and is esteemed for being a classical "heart opener". In aromatherapy, rose is used in skin formulas, for depression, and as a tonic for the female reproductive system.
Our Bulgarian Rose Absolute is very concentrated - please dilute this oil into jojoba or other vegetable oil (or perfumer's alcohol) prior to using. Feel free to use it in your natural perfume blends, especially in combination with Jasmine, Sandalwood, and Ylang Ylang. Also try blending Rose Absolute with our Amber Essence Oil to make your own unique amber rose oil.
Aromatic Profile: Bright, uplifting, balanced, sensual and sweet with a hint of spice and tart lemon zest; the aroma of fresh cut roses.
Appearance: Deep orange/red, slightly viscous liquid.
Use: Natural perfumery. For a pre-blended and affordable dilution of this oil, see our Rose Absolute, Bulgaria – 10%.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your perfume blends until the desired effect is achieved (please note: a little goes a long way).
Blends Well With: Amyris, Balsam of Peru, Bergamot and most citrus oils, Beeswax, Black Pepper, Cassie, Cedarwood, Roman Chamomile, Clary Sage, Galbanum, Geranium, Helichrysum, Jasmine, Laurel Leaf, Lavender, Melissa, Neroli, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Violet Leaf, Ylang Ylang.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Rose Absolute, Bulgaria
- Versatile and lovely Review by Gorosheeta
- Even as a perfumery novice, I knew that I would need a few fundamental scents to get myself started. I chose this Bulgarian Rose absolute, as well as a few other essentials. So far, the Bulgarian Rose absolute has played well with every other scent, lending a smooth sweetness that lasts for hours. It's lovely! (Posted on 2/20/13)
- A beautiful Rose Review by Gudi's Aromatherapy
- We love to use Bulgerian Rose for our blends for its rich, sweet, rose scent. This one is just wonderful! Of course rose has also wonderful anti-inflammatory benefits when used in skin care products, and is a soothing, calming, also romantic oil. This one is especially beautiful and I'm so happy to have found this fine quality. Thanks (Posted on 2/15/13)
- Gorgeous... Review by BShea
Bulgarian Rose abs; Yet another WOW! What a difference from the otto! I think this must be the quintessential rose odor. Beautiful. Surprisingly in many ways it reminds me of my Turkish otto, but I would say half as strong but still rather vibrant and fresh and diffusive in it's own way. Recently I've read something that Mandy Aftel wrote about how she used to prefer and use the Moroccan rose abs but discovered the Bulgarian and converted to that instead. I think I might be in the same boat now. I always liked the soft, yet persistent odor of the Moroccan rose, with it's subtle notes of honey and spice. Maybe I can use both for different purposes. (Posted on 2/14/13)