Cinnamon Bark - Organic
- Botanical Name: Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Origin: Madagascar
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Dried Bark
- Cultivation: Cultivated, Certified Organic (NOP)
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Warm, spicy and sweet
- Contraindications: See Overview
- Certificate of Analysis
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil - Organic
This is an exceptional certified organic (NOP) cinnamon bark oil. It has powerful antiviral and antibacterial action. External use not recommended due to potential skin reaction.
Uses in Aromatherapy: Powerful antiviral and antibacterial and has been used effectively to treat various infections. Food Grade.
Uses in Natural Perfumery: The sweetness of Cinnamon Bark adds warmth and a spicy appeal to blends when used in minute amounts. Cinnamon is often used in Oriental and chypre perfumes to add a spicy, warm and sweet touch. It can add warmth to dry woody and spicy orientals, and also adds a gourmand touch to sweet, ambery Orientals as it has the culinary association of freshly baked goods (cinnamon buns, apple pie, etc.). It can also be used sparingly in florals as well as in fougère and aromatic herbal blends.
Blending Suggestions: Gourmand and vanilla notes (Cocoa Absolute, Vanilla CO2, Benzoin), other spice oils (Cloves Oil, Cloves CO2, Cardamom CO2, Coriander, Ginger CO2, Ginger Lily CO2), Florals (Rose, Champaca CO2, Roman Chamomile, Jasmine), Sweet citrus notes (Sweet Orange, Blood Orange, Tangerine, Clementine CO2), Herbs (Lavender, Rosemary, Sage), as well as the woodsy-Oriental notes (Agarwood CO2, Frankincense, Labdanum, Patchouli, Sandalwood and Spikenard).
Safety Considerations: Skin/mucous membrane irritant. Always dilute, a little goes a long way. Avoid use with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Cinnamon Bark - Organic
- Sweet fresh clean cinnamon. Review by Morgane
- Fresh and clean rather than Christmas cookies. I found it surprisingly "cool" and refreshing. Might easily overpower blends, a little goes a long way. (Posted on 7/7/14)
- Round and Warm Scent Review by Gorosheeta
- This Cinnamon Bark provides and rich, warm scent with a lasting fullness. Even when paired with vanilla, it escapes being too candy-like or juvenile. The slight woodiness around the edges is mature and lends allure to a fragrance blend. I have found this to blend well with white florals and heavy sandalwood oils. (Posted on 2/20/13)