Orange Blossom Absolute
Our Orange Blossom Absolute from Egypt has complexity that once out of the bottle and into a blend, blossoms with richly seductive floral notes. This oil is perfect for exotic and Oriental scents, and lends character and depth with amazing tenacity.
The blossoms come from the bitter orange tree, a resilient evergreen which belongs to the Rutaceae family, and are the same flowers that are used to distill Neroli essential oil. Oils and absolutes are produced using very different processes, rendering oils with somewhat different aromas and textures. The absolute is solvent extracted, amber-colored and more viscous than Neroli essential oil, which tends to be lighter in color with a more delicate aroma.
Orange Blossom Absolute is a perfumer's specialty oil, rich and potent even in low concentrations.
It provides a warm floral heart note and adds richness and depth when combined with the lighter Neroli. The scent of orange blossoms has been revered for centuries and is very popular for use in fine natural perfumery as a fixative and for the way it beautifully complements other citrus notes, florals, spices and woods.
If you are unsure of which Neroli or Orange Blossom to order, we offer a sampler pack so you can experience each one prior to committing to purchase.
Aromatic Profile: Intensely rich, complex, deep, heady floral. A highly concentrated aroma which quickly unfolds within a blend. Excellent tenacity.
Appearance: Amber-colored liquid.
Use: In fine natural perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add a few drops to add a rich floral note to your blends. Very concentrated, a little goes a very long way.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
- Decadent Review by Florence
- I have always loved Neroli as it reminds me of innocence and childhood. This Orange Blossom is just the opposite . . . it is sultry, sensuous and decadent. When diluted, the scent is sooo wonderful and delicious. As a blend, Neroli and Orange Blossom make a simple yet beautiful white floral perfume. Maybe add a little amber or even cocoa to make in a bit sinful. (Posted on 4/30/13)
- Awesome Review by Bobby
- Awesome scent! Will get as a gift. (Posted on 4/30/13)
- the most sensual and inspiring of scents Review by la contessa
This is the essence of warm moonlit evenings in the gardens of Morocco and Spain. A magical and intriguing scent that can bring back pleasant memories or inspire you to create new ones.
(Posted on 4/30/13)
- The beauty of orange flowers Review by What Men Should Smell Like
- A beautiful orange blossom, complex and dark in comparison to the distilled neroli oil. Perfect for adding depth and character to an orange blossom accord. (Posted on 4/30/13)
- Excellent Review by Ashlimo
- This is a heavenly scent, a must for citrus accords! (Posted on 4/30/13)