- Botanical Name: Pogostemon cablin
- Origin: Indonesia
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note in perfumery: Base note (good fixative)
- Aroma: Similar to our Dark Patchouli – deep and tenacious, but with a lighter and clearer aroma.
- Certificate of Analysis
Patchouli, Light Essential Oil
Our Patchouli – Light essential oil is distilled in stainless steel vessels. It is similar to our Dark Patchouli oil, but some people prefer the clearer, lighter notes of this Patchouli.
Patchouli is a sometimes misunderstood oil that has received an undeserved reputation in recent decades. Perhaps it was overused by a certain rebellious subculture, or perhaps its strong, earthy aroma is just not appreciated by some in our current culture in which cleanliness may be associated with the fragrances of cleaning products.
A truly fine Patchouli oil has a wonderful fragrance that may not be recognized by many who claim that they do not like its scent. It is best appreciated when smelled in diluted form, on a scent strip, or when combined with other essential oils, especially florals, rather than at full strength from the bottle. A good quality Patchouli oil improves with age, and we have five very fine Patchouli oils to choose from.
Aromatic Profile: Similar to our Dark Patchouli – deep and tenacious, but with a lighter and clearer aroma.
Appearance: Medium amber-colored, somewhat viscous liquid.
Use: In natural perfumery, skin and body care, insect repellant, aphrodisiac, promotes grounding/decisive qualities.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to add a full-bodied base note to your blends.
Blends Well With: Amber, Bergamot, Cassie, Cedarwood, Champaca CO2, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Clove, Cocoa Absolute, Geranium, Jasmine Grandiflorum, Labdanum, Lavender, Myrrh, Neroli, Oakmoss, Rose, Sandalwood, Spikenard, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang. We also recommend blending the different types of patchoulis we carry to create a unique, complex patchouli accord.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Patchouli, Light
- Patchouli like Chinese medicine Review by Kero
- The smell of Patchouli has bitter and rich aroma, just like Chinese medicine. I will recommend Patchouli mixed with Cedarwood, Clary Sage or Sandalwood, it's good for healing nervous disorders, helping with sores and acne also. (Posted on 9/17/14)
- NICE! Similar to the Dark Patchouli Review by Golden Potion
Sweet, rich, and earthy, this Patchouli is phenomenal. I own every Patchouli oil offered by Eden, and this and the Dark Patchouli are my favorites. I do not detect a huge difference between the Dark and the Light, other than the color. The dark is slightly richer, a tinge spicier. They both remain on the perfume blotter for about the same amount of time: VERY LONG LASTING.
(Posted on 9/2/14)
- Yummy!! Review by Amber
- LOVE this patchouli!! Each one I have tried from Eden was great, all so similar, yet so different! Even patchouli haters may like this one! (Posted on 9/2/14)
- Excellent Review by OilLover
- This patchouli has a warm, rich and earthy aroma. I also pick up a fresh fruity undertone, but this might just be me. I used it as a perfume by blending it with other oils in a carrier oil. I could definitely pick out the patchouli in the fragrance and found it to be incredibly deep and grounding. To my surprise, the smell was also very long lasting on my skin. I would definitely order again for use in my blends. (Posted on 9/1/14)
- memories Review by Jean
- Patchouli brings back memories of my youth and the 70's. I have always loved the fragrance of Patchouli. A sense of freedom comes over me. (Posted on 8/30/14)