- Botanical Name: Pelargonium x asperum
- Origin: Egypt
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute
- Plant Part: Leaves / Tops
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Soft yet intense, somewhat penetrating, rich leafy/green aroma, with a persistent and sweet rose-like undertone in the drydown; very good tenacity.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Looking for a soft, but potent green floral to add to your springtime blends? Look no further, we’ve got you covered! Our Geranium Absolute conjures up the aroma of tender green shoots and fresh flowers as nature begins to yawn, stretch, and reawaken from winter.
Geranium Absolute is recommended for natural perfumery applications where the absolute is preferable over the essential oil. Because it blends so well with so many other aromatic materials, it is an invaluable ingredient to complement and/or amp-up rose- or other floral-based perfumes, to increase tenacity, and to add an interesting note to most any other natural perfume.
Geranium Absolute is for use in perfumery only. If you are interested in using Geranium for therapeutic purposes, please see our three other high-quality Geranium essential oils that we carry.
Aromatic Profile: Soft yet intense, somewhat penetrating, rich leafy/green aroma, with a persistent and sweet rose-like undertone in the drydown; after several hours, a slight minty note develops in the aroma. Has very good tenacity.
Appearance: Very dark green, transparent liquid.
Use: In natural perfumery; adds a rich body note to natural perfumes. Not for therapeutic purposes.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your blends until the desired effect is achieved.
Blends Well With: Angelica, Basil, Laurel Leaf, Bergamot and other citrus oils, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Citronella, Clary Sage, Clove, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lime, Neroli, Oakmoss, Orange, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood. We also recommend blending the different types of geraniums we carry to create a unique, complex geranium accord.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Geranium Absolute
- Lychees and Rose Review by Ron Koh
- This is a great surprise. I have never smell anything like this, it is strongly lychee, herbaceous and rosy. I pour it in some perfumer's alcohol and use it as a single note ..... but i seem to smell it different every time I use it, some days floral, some days lavender, some days lychees. It will certainly bring a smile to your face. (Posted on 4/12/14)
- Surprising sweetness! Review by Golden Potion
- This beautiful green oil has a fruity-floral geranium aroma. It reminds me of ripe berries. I use it for perfumery to add a bright middle note. Just a drop can do wonders to a creation that is too heavy. (Posted on 4/18/13)