Rose de Mai Absolute
- Botanical Name: Rosa centifolia
- Origin: Egypt
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Voluptuous, sweet, smooth, with distinct yet subtle honey and green notes and the soft, delicate sweetness of a fresh bouquet of roses. Excellent tenacity.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Rose de Mai Absolute
Our Rose de Mai Absolute is a very fine Egyptian Rose oil that is extracted from the cabbage rose - Rosa centifolia. The Rose plants used are certified organically grown (however the absolute is not). Our Rose de Mai is voluptuously sweet and sensuous and one of our favorite Rose Absolutes.
Used throughout history for its lovely scent, Rose oil – the premier oil of love – encourages a feeling of happiness and contentment and is esteemed for being a classical "heart opener". In aromatherapy, rose is used in skin formulas, for depression, and as a tonic for the female reproductive system.
Our Bulgarian Rose Absolute is very concentrated - please dilute this oil into jojoba or other vegetable oil (or perfumer's alcohol) prior to using. Feel free to use it in your natural perfume blends, especially in combination with Jasmine, Sandalwood, and Ylang Ylang. Also try blending Rose Absolute with our Amber Essence Oil to make your own unique amber rose oil.
Aromatic Profile: Voluptuous, sweet, smooth, with distinct yet subtle honey and green notes and the soft, delicate sweetness of a fresh bouquet of roses. Excellent tenacity.
Appearance: Light to medium yellowish-green slightly viscous liquid.
Use: Natural perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your perfume blends until the desired effect is achieved (please note: a little goes a long way).
Blends Well With: Amyris, Balsam of Peru, Bergamot and most citrus oils, Beeswax, Black Pepper, Cassie, Cedarwood, Roman Chamomile, Clary Sage, Galbanum, Geranium, Helichrysum, Jasmine, Laurel Leaf, Lavender, Melissa, Neroli, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Violet Leaf, Ylang Ylang.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Rose de Mai Absolute
- These are the roses you know from a warm spring day. Review by DrJeanPD
- This is my favorite rose note - it is fresh and vibrant, the breath of Joie de vivre. It brightens blends that are sultry and maybe a little too deep, lifting them up and making them just right for day-to-day enjoyment. [a comparison of rose notes at my blog http://amaravatifragrance.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-rose-is-rose.html] (Posted on 2/16/13)