Jasmine Sambac Absolute
- Botanical Name: Jasminum sambac
- Origin: India
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Less sweet but more intense than our other Jasmine Absolutes, still with a beautiful white floral aroma.
- Certificate of Analysis
Jasmine Sambac Absolute
According to Patricia Davis, Jasmine brings together the fiery dynamism associated with the male aspect and the soft earthiness of the feminine. In Marcel Lavabre's words, "It has the power to transcend physical love."
Our Jasmine Sambac is a beautiful oil for Jasmine lovers. It is not as sweet as our Jasmine Absolute and it has a slightly different aroma than Jasmine grandiflorum - a somewhat green fruity initial aroma is followed by the characteristic floral/honey/tea notes. Our Jasmine Sambac is great for natural perfumery.
Aromatherapy Uses: Renowned aphrodisiac
For a pre-blended and affordable dilution of this oil, see our Jasmine Sambac Absolute - 10%
- Very Carnal Review by Wolfy
- I would say that this particular Jasmine is a bit naughtier than your standard Jasminum Grandiflorum variety, It's got plenty of indolic muskiness that gives it a very sensual and earthy edge as well as a bright peach or apricot like fruitiness. Plays very nicely with Tobacco absolute, Atlas Cedarwood, and Bergamot. (Posted on 11/22/13)
- Mysterious and intriguing Review by Dan
- I use this oil for my aphrodisiac blends with Oud and sandalwood. It's aroma has great potential for women who need relax and for man who need softness in their character. Great perfumery quality makes this oil luxurious ingredient only for the best and individual perfume! (Posted on 3/28/13)
- A buoyant heart note! Review by JR
- A lovely extract lacking the unpleasant solvent smell so common in other jasmine absolutes. Etherial, tart, with a hint of new-leaf green this lovely clear, orange extract is exquisite. Use it traces to improve any perfume. A buoyant heart note that embraces every citrus, floral, forest, or herbal note. Does fascinating things with deep resinous bases. Blend with roman chamomile and the blue oils for joyful effects. If I had to buy one jasmine, this would be it! (Posted on 2/19/13)
- A beauty in its own class Review by Sky Prince
Many, just like I am, are in love with Jasmine. Who is not? It's beautiful, it's elegant, it's mesmerizing.
Jasmine Sambac absolute is no different. It has its own character though. Instead of the total sweetness of Jasminum Grandiflorum, Jasmine Sambac has more earthy and green and may be a bit of spicy character along with its sweetness. It's has a very strong scent and just a minute amount will add a lot to a blend. It's a multi-dimensional absolute and each sniff opens a different door in your brain. (Posted on 2/16/13)