Patchouli, Sri Lanka - Organic
- Botanical Name: Pogostemon cablin
- Origin: Sri Lanka
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Cultivation: Cultivated, Certified Organic (NOP, Ecocert)
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Base Note
- Aroma: Sweet, earthy, with subtle balsamic notes. Medium depth; between our Patchouli, Dark and Patchouli, Light.
- Certificate of Analysis
Sri Lankan Patchouli Essential Oil - Organic
Our certified Organic (NOP) Patchouli oil is a high quality Patchouli of medium darkness. It is darker than our Patchouli - Iron Free yet not as dark as our Patchouli - Dark.
Aromatic Profile: Earthy, musky, dry and slightly spicy-warm. Deep and tenacious, very long lasting.
Primary Uses: Aromatherapy, natural perfumery, body care, incense and as a single scent.
Uses in Aromatherapy: Antidepressant, Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-Microbial, Antiseptic, Hair Care, Skin Care, Controls appetite, assists in skin conditions (such as Dermatitis, Dandruff, Eczema, Impetigo, Fungal Infections, Athlete’s Foot, and more).
Uses in Natural Perfumery: A tenacious and powerful base note that acts as a fixative and transforms all other notes. Adds an earthy and warm tone and deepens the other notes, particularly florals. Used often in Chypre and Oriental perfumes as well as in dry woody perfumes and in masculine citrus cologne type fragrances, and toiletries. Patchouli improves tremendously with age. To accelerate the aging process, you may choose to leave the lid unscrewed and let it rest in the bottle for several weeks. This practice is recommended only if you want to make your patchouli notes sweeter and warmer.
Blending Suggestions: Sandalwood, Myrrh, Vetiver, Spikenard, Rose, Jasmine Grandiflorum, Ylang Ylang, Champaca CO2, Amber, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Geranium, Opoponax, Clary Sage, Lavender, Cedarwood, Cloves, Cinnamon, Cassia, Cocoa Absolute. We also recommend blending the different types of patchoulis we carry to create a unique, complex patchouli accord
Safety Considerations: Non-toxic, non-irritant, non-sensitizing. One of the few essential oils that can be used neat on the skin - but you should patch test first. Great in skincare preparations.
For more information on Patchouli, click here.
Customer Reviews for Patchouli, Sri Lanka - Organic
- A wonderful organic Patchouli! Review by Michele L.
- Eden's organic Patchouli from Sri Lanka is a delicious warm, woody and deep patchouli. I'm personally interested in sustainable and organic products and Eden has a fine product here. If you like patchouli, you'll love this offering. I bought a big bottle to enjoy its mellowing over time. (Posted on 2/25/13)
- Patch Sri Lanka Org Review by Melissa
- Mmmmm - love this patch. I used it in a perfume I formulated last year and my logbook tells me I chose this patch over the other 3 I own because of its softness. I just resniffed the four patchoulis and again found this one to be softer and deeper. To me the sweet spicy note is sort of like rootbeer. It just seems to have more layers to it than the other patchoulis. (Posted on 2/18/13)