Orris Butter (15% irones)
- Botanical Name: Iris pallida
- Origin: France
- Process: Steam Distilled
- Plant Part: Roots, 15% Irones content
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Aroma: Softly sweet, warm and reminiscent of violet flowers with slight woody undertones. Very tenacious.
- Note: Base Note (superb fixative quality)
- Certificate of Analysis
Orris Butter (Orris Root) Essential Oil
Orris Butter (also known as Orris Root Butter and Orris Concrete) is a rare oil made by steam distillation of Orris roots that have been aged for three years. Our Orris Butter is a creamy semi-solid material with a delicate, sweet floral and somewhat woody aroma that will, in dilution or drydown, display its full and impressive strength and diffusion - the highest quality!
Orris Root Butter is perfectly soluble in vegetable oil as well as in alcohol. Perfumers will love this oil for its unique aroma and excellent fixative value. Our newest batch of Orris Butter has an impressive 15% irones content!
Perfumery Uses: Highly prized as a fixative and base note in high-end natural perfumery.
Physical Appearance: Buttery, waxy substance that is solid at room temperature and requires special use instructions to blend.
Customer Reviews for Orris Butter (15% irones)
- An ultrafine natural orris material with stunning iris / violet floralcy Review by ArtScent
- Many do not know the pleasure of working with true Orris Butter but it is unlike any other material. The quality of this Orris Butter is stellar and the higher irones makes it smoother, more floral and truly buttery. It is wonderful in classical floral heart accords and as it is a rare and expensive material, the fact that eden sell it in small quantities allows amateur perfumers to experience the joy of this material. (Posted on 3/20/13)