Sandalwood, Australian - Premium
- Botanical Name: Santalum spicatum
- Origin: Australia
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Heartwood
- Cultivation: Wild Grown
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Base Note
- Aroma: Woody, sweet, with warm, fresh notes.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Our premium Sandalwood from Australia is a little lighter than typical sandalwood. It has warm, fresh undertones, yet is deeper and woodier than our New Caledonian Sandalwood oils. This Sandalwood grows naturally in Western Australia, where the West Australian Forests Products Commission (FPC) manages the sustainable harvesting of Sandalwood in the forests.
Sandalwood is revered for its sweet, warm, woody and rich aroma. It is widely sought after in body care, skin care, natural perfumes, and incense for its beautiful fragrance and calming effects. Used in India for centuries in religious and spiritual practices, as well as in traditional medicine for thousands of years, Sandalwood is a well-respected oil.
The Sandalwood most recognized is the Santalum album oil from the Mysore region of India. It is pretty well know these days that this Sandalwood has become virtually extinct due to years of over harvesting and poaching. The good news is that this created a need for cultivating various species of Sandalwood using more sustainable practices to meet consumer demand for this popular oil.
Eden Botanicals offers a wide variety of species of Sandalwood from around the globe to fit your budget and needs. We source our oils from reputable sources that are ethically harvesting the trees so this precious resource can be sustained. If you are unsure of which Sandalwood to order, we offer a sampler pack so you can experience each one prior to committing to purchase.
Aromatic Profile: Woody, sweet, with warm, fresh notes.
Appearance: Clear to off-white liquid.
Use: In skin and body care, and as a fixative in natural perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to create a base note or to add a woody, sweet note to your blends.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Sandalwood, Australian - Premium
- Disappointing - Sandalwood aroma lacking Review by Vigjnani
- Ordered the Australian premium for use in formulating body lotion. Prepared a 12 oz batch of lotion and used 30 drops of the sandalwood oil as per the recipe. Didn't detect even a faint aroma in the finished product. (Posted on 6/11/14)
- WOW! Recieved this 10 minutes ago. Review by Dina
What can I say! Sooo impressed!
My granny used to have a jewelry box made out of solid sandalwood. The second I dabbed a spot of this oil on the back of my hand, warm memories came flooding back! They smell EXACTLY the same! Excellent quality!! I'm definitely ordering other stuff.
*Not sure where that box ended up. Maybe i should go sleuthing after it.
Excuse me now i want to sit and cry... (Posted on 4/16/14)
- A wonderful sandalwood and an excellent price Review by ArtScent
- I have worked with many sandalwoods, from differing regions and companies and have to say that this premium Australian sandalwood is one of the best. It has the expected greenness in the top and a rich buttery wood finish. I have also found this sandalwood to be very well priced for natural sandalwood and even other Australian sandalwoods on the market. I highly recommend it. (Posted on 3/20/13)