Ylang Ylang Complete, Fine - Organic
- Botanical Name: Cananga odorata
- Origin: Madagascar
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil.
- Plant Part: Flower
- Cultivation: Cultivated, Certified Organic
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Intensely sweet, voluptuous, creamy, and slightly spicy, with floral/woody undertones; a refined floral with beautiful depth and complexity.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Ylang Ylang Complete, Fine - Organic
Ylang Ylang Complete, Fine – Organic is a very sweet, voluptuous, and refined floral with beautiful depth and complexity. It has been distilled using the VOP (Very Old Process) method over a period of 6-7 hours, rendering a genuine, full-spectrum, or complete, oil instead of the usual 20-24 hour distillation in which the Extra, I, II, and III fractions are kept completely separate. (Please note that there are false or so-called “complete” ylang ylang oils constructed by combining fractions Extra, I, II, and III together after the fact.) The Extra fraction of Ylang Ylang is the oil that is collected from the first hour of distillation, the I (first) fraction is from the next 2-1/2 hours, the II (second) fraction from the next 3-4 hours of distillation, and the III (third) fraction is collected from the last hours of the distillation process.
Ylang Ylang essential oil has many uses in aromatherapy – it is applied in skincare for acne, on the scalp in rinses to encourage hair growth, to soothe insect bites, for oily skin, and for general skincare. Its soothing effect on the heart is employed in cases of high blood pressure, heart palpitations, rapid heartbeat, and as a general sedative. It is also indicated for depression, insomnia, stress-related disorders, and is particularly helpful for cases of anxiety in, or fear of intimacy resulting in frigidity or impotence.
The intoxicating aroma of Ylang Ylang conjures palpable images of the flowers’ paradisial origins: palm trees swaying over sun-drenched beaches, exotic spices, peaceful island breezes, gossamer rays of moonlight, and the rhythm of the ocean’s song. Such is the power of Ylang Ylang’s amazing aroma for easing the mind, as well as for its effect in the composition of perfumes. It is one of the finest aromatic materials in the perfume industry.
Aromatic Profile: Intensely sweet, voluptuous, creamy, and slightly spicy, with floral/woody undertones; a refined floral with beautiful depth and complexity.
Appearance: Clear, water-white to pale yellow, slightly oily liquid.
Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your blends until the desired effect is achieved.
Blends Well With: Balsam of Peru, Bergamot, Carnation, Cassie, Citronella, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Labdanum, Lavender, Lemon, Melissa, Neroli, Oakmoss, Orange, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Tuberose, Verbena, Vetiver. We also recommend blending the different types of ylang ylangs we carry to create a unique, complex ylang ylang accord.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Ylang Ylang Complete, Fine - Organic
- Exceptional! Review by Molly
- I previously had thought I didn't like Ylang Ylang. Apparently I was just smelling very poor quality oils. This stuff shimmers and shines! I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed the aroma of this oil. It has an almost effervescent sparkle. Highly recommended. (Posted on 4/23/14)
- Stunning. Review by Brockton
- Now, I love Ylang Ylang. Over time I've moved up the ladder from III to I to Extra. This, however, has such a lovely well-roundedness about it that I may have found a new Ylang of choice. Those that have smelled the different distillations can really pick out the whole gamut here. In my opinion, this is headier than even the Extra. (Posted on 6/27/13)
- "I Do" ylang ylang Review by DrJeanPD
This was for many years my favorite of floral scents, so I know it well. However, when I received this yesterday it was the first time experiencing the narcotic/hypnotic properties of this exotic flower. When you bury your face in fresh gardenia or freesia, "narcotic" is like going under ether or laughing gas (very pleasurable relaxation); and hypnotic is the oblivion of everything else around you-- a full immersion into the scentsual. This is richer than light, more translucent grades. The fact that it's organic makes it all the more appealing. This is a full bodied, complex, heady floral with great tenacity-- the ylang ylang I'd choose for a wedding night perfume blend.
(Posted on 2/24/13)
- Just perfect Review by Tracey
- This ylang ylang is by far my favorite of all of the distillations and/or varieties of ylang ylang. It is incredibly floral and appealing, yet smooth, without being overly sweet, sharp, or consuming its fellow ingredients. The aroma is very bright floral, high end, and soothing. (Posted on 2/15/13)
- Fantastic Review by Bee Lian
- Ordered a sample. Very nice & sweet smelling. (Posted on 2/14/13)