Frankincense Essential Oil
Prized for millennia, Frankincense essential oil has a rich, warming aroma that provides a grounding and centering effect. Our steam distilled Frankincense from Somalia has an ethereal, clear aroma void of any harsh notes.
Frankincense essential oil is perfect for cosmetics (i.e., mature skin preparations) and aromatherapy, and is a great fixative in fine perfumery. It is renowned for sacred uses, and because it slows and deepens the breath, its application is beneficial prior to meditation.
Each Frankincense oil that we offer is a high quality oil and we recommend all three. From a traditional view, one would perhaps choose the steam distilled Frankincense essential oil, because the CO2 extraction process is newer. However, the CO2 oils offer a more outstanding fragrance for the natural perfumer.
- favourite Review by Liz
- This is my favourite frankincense so far. Its very smooth and mellow and less sharp than the others I have tried. (Posted on 3/21/13)
- face serum Review by mervat
- I bought frankincense-Somalia from Eden Botanicals and I love its earthy smell. I use my frankincense with other essential oils (3% to 4%) diluted in rose hip and jojoba oil and use it as face serum for anti-aging and healing purposes. (Posted on 3/6/13)
- oil blends Review by miket
- Frankincense is an oil I use in massage, nebulizers and apply it to the skin. I have tried most of Eden's frankincense oils and use them differently. CO2 oils cost more, and are my favorite, but the Somalia is cheaper, and still high quality. Great to purchase in bulk. (Posted on 2/21/13)
- Love it for skin care! Review by Jessica
- I make my own homemade creams and lotions which I always elevate with the addition of essential oils. Frankincense is one I highly value for skin cell rejuvenation, repair, and for dry and sensitive skin. I also utilize this Frankincense, Somalia wild in perfume blends and aromatherapy preparations. I am soon to try the CO2 they offer, but I love ethically wildcrafted as well! This frankincense is soothing, delicate, and deep without being sharp. (Posted on 2/14/13)