Coriander Seed - Organic
- Botanical Name: Coriandrum sativum
- Origin: Egypt
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Seeds
- Cultivation: Cultivated, Certified Organic (NOP)
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle / Top note
- Aroma: Mildly spicy, warm, woody. May be used to replace Rosewood in blends.
- Certificate of Analysis
Coriander Seed Essential Oil - Organic
Our Coriander Seed essential oil has a pungent, mildly spicy, slightly warm and sweet-woody aroma that is very pleasant. In perfumery, it is used for its excellent fixative qualities and blends well with other essential oils (especially to provide a masculine note), including clary sage, jasmine, neroli, cypress, cinnamon and other spice oils.
Coriander seed's aromatherapeutic properties are particularly useful in formulas for the digestive system, including anorexia, diarrhea, nausea, and flatulence. It has also been used to treat fluid retention, poor circulation, arthritis, and muscular aches and pains. Please use in moderation, as large amounts can cause grogginess.
Aromatherapy Uses: Antioxidant, digestive aid, circulatory and nervous system stimulant.
Customer Reviews for Coriander Seed - Organic
- Best Spice in the World Review by COREY
- This is my all-time favorite spice. Coriander EO is so pleasant. I am so glad EB offers this exotic spice essential oil. This smells just like fresh ground coriander seeds only stronger. This oil has a spicy warm, sweet top note and woody, mild musky undertones (masculine). I can see how EB would compare this to Rosewood; however, Coriander stands far apart from rosewood. Rosewood EO has soft, sweet, fruity and floral feminine notes to it. Coriander EO holds its own when it is blended with woody, floral and citrus (Posted on 9/6/14)