Coriander Seed - Organic
- Botanical Name: Coriandrum sativum
- Origin: Egypt
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Seeds
- Cultivation: Cultivated, Certified Organic (NOP)
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle / Top note
- Aroma: Mildly spicy, warm, woody. May be used to replace Rosewood in blends.
- Certificate of Analysis
Coriander Seed Essential Oil - Organic
Our Coriander Seed essential oil has a pungent, mildly spicy, slightly warm and sweet-woody aroma that is very pleasant. In perfumery, it is used for its excellent fixative qualities and blends well with other essential oils (especially to provide a masculine note), including clary sage, jasmine, neroli, cypress, cinnamon and other spice oils.
Coriander seed's aromatherapeutic properties are particularly useful in formulas for the digestive system, including anorexia, diarrhea, nausea, and flatulence. It has also been used to treat fluid retention, poor circulation, arthritis, and muscular aches and pains. Please use in moderation, as large amounts can cause grogginess.
Aromatherapy Uses: Antioxidant, digestive aid, circulatory and nervous system stimulant.