Frankincense Frereana - Organic
- Botanical Name: Boswellia frereana
- Origin: Somalia
- Process: Hydrodistilled Essential Oil, Certified Organic
- Plant Part: Resin
- Cultivation: Wild Grown
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery / Incense
- Note: Base Note (excellent fixative)
- Aroma: Fresh, diffusive, sharp, pine-like, with an intense, deep, woody/resinous undertone and slight citrus topnote.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Organic Frankincense Frereana
Our Frankincense Frereana grows at higher elevations than Boswellia carterii and is also known as Frankincense ‘Maydi’, the King of Frankincense. Our steam distilled Frankincense Frereana from Somalia has a fresh, clear aroma without any harsh notes.
Prized for millennia, Frankincense, like Myrrh, is an oil especially valued for use in skincare preparations for prevention of wrinkles1 and dry, damaged or mature skin,2 in respiratory formulas (Frankincense with Lemon or Pine), for support of the immune system (Frankincense with Palmarosa), and for nervous depression (Frankincense with Geranium).3 The oil has pain-relieving and decongestant properties4,5 and the aroma is renowned for sacred uses, its ability to instill deep tranquility of mind, and to slow the breath rate, making it ideal for meditation purposes.6,7
Each Frankincense oil that we offer is of very high quality and we recommend all of them. From a traditional view, one would perhaps choose one of our steam distilled Frankincense essential oils, particularly for aromatherapy purposes, because the CO2 extraction process is newer. However, both of our Indian and Somalian Frankincense CO2 oils offer to the natural botanical perfumer a more complete aromatic profile with higher, brighter top notes and deeper, more complex bottom notes than the steam distilled Frankincense oils.
Aromatic Profile: Fresh, diffusive, sharp, pine-like, with an intense, deep, woody/resinous undertone and slight citrus topnote. Outstanding fixative properties.
Appearance: Very pale yellow, slightly oily, transparent, mobile liquid.
Use: Aromatherapy, Natural Perfumery, Incense.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to add a full-bodied base note to your blends. “Gives delightful effects in citrus colognes and “incense” type perfumes; an important ingredient in Oriental bases, “powder”, floral and violet type perfumes.” (Steffen Arctander, Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin.)
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Clove, Cypress, Galbanum, Geranium, Ginger, Jasmine, Juniper, Labdanum, Lavender, Mandarin, Myrrh, Neroli, Oakmoss, Palo Santo, Patchouli, Pink Lotus, Mandarin Petitgrain, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Thyme, Tobacco, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang. We also recommend blending the different types of frankincense oils we carry to create a unique, complex frankincense accord.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
1 Tisserand, Robert. The Art of Aromatherapy, 1977, p. 230
2 Keville, Kathi and Mindy Green. Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, 1995, p. 96.
3 Rhind, Jennifer Peace. Essential Oils – A Handbook for Aromatherapy Practice, 2012, p. 153.
4 Price, Shirley and Len Price. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 2nd ed., 1999, p. 68.
5 Tisserand, Robert. The Art of Aromatherapy, 1977, p. 230.
6 Hoffman, David. The New Holistic Herbal, 1991, p. 14.
7 Mojay, Gabriel. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, 1996, pp.74-75, 138.
Customer Reviews for Frankincense Frereana - Organic
- Truly amazing... Review by Tina
- As far as frankincense goes, THIS is the holy grail in my opinion. I can't say enough wonderful things about it. When I first sampled it, I could not believe how mellow and rich it is - all the wonderful attributes of frankincense minus the sharpness typically found in others. I truly believe if you love frankincense, you'll be blown away by this one. I know I was. It blends wonderfully with a gorgeous organic Namibian myrrh I have, but I'm back to order more because I primarily use it along with several other essential oils in a facial serum that my customers can't get enough of. Thanks, Eden Botanicals! (Posted on 10/17/14)
- Best Frankincense Ever Review by Lolly
- This the best frankincense ever! It is well rounded and not too sharp. I'm in love. (Posted on 9/29/13)
- Amazing! Review by Wunder Budder
- This is the most amazing frankincense I've ever tried in my life. The King of Frankincense it truly is. Full bodied and citrusy, not as sharp as Eden Botanical's (still beautiful) Somalian carterii, but just as grounding and comforting. I'm in love! (Posted on 3/22/13)
- 5 Review by IRINA
Very much I love frankincense - a rigorous and fresh, favorite essential oil in the anti-aging tools; anti-stress, brings a sense of peace..
Очень люблю ладан- строгий и свежий, любимое эфирное масло в антивозрастных средствах; антистресс, приносит ощущение покоя.. (Posted on 2/14/13)