Coffee Bean Oil
- Botanical Name: Coffea arabica L.
- Origin: El Salvador
- Process: Expeller Pressed Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Beans
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Strong, rich aroma of dark roasted coffee
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use, avoid if overly sensitive to caffeine
- Certificate of Analysis
Strong, rich aroma of dark roasted coffee. Coffee Bean Oil is antioxidant-rich and a beneficial addition to anti-aging skincare formulations. It also contains a small amount of caffeine, making it desirable for anti-cellulite body care products. It is considered a safe, non-toxic and non-irritating oil for use in cosmetics.
Aromatic Profile: Strong, rich aroma of dark roasted coffee with smoky undertones.
Appearance: Dark brown opaque color, slightly viscous.
Use: Anti-aging skincare, body care, lip balm, flavoring, and anytime this full-bodied scent is desired.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop into blend until desired aroma is achieved.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin. Contains a small amount of caffeine, if you are highly sensitive to, or have an allergy to coffee we recommend avoiding this oil.
- An addendum to my review Review by Caine
- Note: if you have a caffeine sensitivity or allergy, DO NOT USE. Even diluted. I forgot about my sensitivity when I tested this and the effects were immediate and unpleasant. Please know your caffeine tolerance before using this item. Unfortunately, I'll have to send mine back, which is a shame since I love the scent.. (Posted on 10/25/12)
- Dry Roast Coffee! Review by Caine
Walk into a coffeehouse and you'll come out smelling like it. Wear a bit of this in with, perhaps, a blend of vanilla, cocoa or spice, and you'll have it all day long. This scent is delicious.
However, a pinprick on the skin and I'm laid out... (Posted on 10/25/12)