Ylang Ylang II - Organic
- Botanical Name: Cananga odorata
- Origin: Madagascar
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated, Certified Organic
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Top / Middle Note
- Aroma: Sweet, very floral, mildly spicy; has more pronounced balsamic undertones than Ylang Ylang I.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Ylang Ylang II - Organic
Our organic Ylang Ylang II is very floral and has a deeper and slightly sweeter aroma than Ylang Ylang I, with the balsamic undertones being more pronounced due to being processed from the later part of the distillation. This oil will find use as a cost-effective grade of ylang ylang in natural perfumery and personal care preparations.
The Extra fraction of Ylang Ylang is the oil that is collected from the first hour of distillation, the I (first) fraction is from the next 2-1/2 hours, the II (second) fraction from the next 3-4 hours of distillation, and the III (third) fraction is collected from the last hours of the distillation process. Ylang Ylang Complete is a continuous distillation of 6-7 hours, rendering a full-spectrum, non-fractionated (complete) oil.
Ylang Ylang essential oil has many uses in aromatherapy – it is applied in skincare for acne, on the scalp in rinses to encourage hair growth, to soothe insect bites, for oily skin, and for general skincare. Its soothing effect on the heart is employed in cases of high blood pressure, heart palpitations, rapid heartbeat, and as a general sedative. It is also indicated for depression, insomnia, stress-related disorders, and is particularly helpful for cases of anxiety in, or fear of intimacy resulting in frigidity or impotence.
The intoxicating aroma of Ylang Ylang conjures palpable images of the flowers’ paradisial origins: palm trees swaying over sun-drenched beaches, exotic spices, peaceful island breezes, gossamer rays of moonlight, and the rhythm of the ocean’s song. Such is the power of Ylang Ylang’s amazing aroma for easing the mind, as well as for its effect in the composition of perfumes. It is one of the finest aromatic materials in the perfume industry.
Aromatic Profile: Sweet, very floral, mildly spicy; has more pronounced balsamic undertones than Ylang Ylang I.
Appearance: Clear, water-white to pale yellow, slightly oily liquid.
Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your blends until the desired effect is achieved.
Blends Well With: Balsam of Peru, Bergamot, Carnation, Cassie, Citronella, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Labdanum, Lavender, Lemon, Melissa, Neroli, Oakmoss, Orange, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Tuberose, Verbena, Vetiver. We also recommend blending the different types of ylang ylangs we carry to create a unique, complex ylang ylang accord.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Ylang Ylang II - Organic
- My go to ylang ylang for blending Review by bergamotpinenut
- I sampled this along with all of Eden’s ylang ylang’s and I ended up choosing this one to order in bulk. I later tried the ylang ylang complete fine and that became my favorite of their ylangs, but for blending I think the ylang ylang II is the way to go. I know most people prefer the ylang ylang I or the extra for their added sweetness. I do like ylang extra a lot, but there is something in the I that I find too overwhelming, whereas the II has all the exoticism of ylang ylang without being cloying. This is my first choice of ylang ylangs for blending. (Posted on 8/29/14)