Ginger CO2 - Organic
- Botanical Name: Zingiber officinale
- Origin: India
- Process: CO2 Total Extract
- Plant Part: Rhizome
- Cultivation: Cultivated, Certified Organic (NOP)
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Rich, deep, warm, spicy, more complex than distilled ginger
- Contraindications: See Overview
- Certificate of Analysis
Ginger CO2 Total Extract - Organic
Ginger is another well known spice used extensively in food preparation. It is a great kitchen companion and herbal remedy. Our Ginger CO2 - Organic extract is very spicy and smells just like a very fresh and very alive ginger root. It is a deep red oil and is very strong, so it is best to use it in low dilution.
We find that the CO2 extracts of the spices are often preferable to the more commonly available steam distilled oils. They have an energetic and vibrant aroma that is true to the original plant. Ginger is a very useful oil in culinary preparations and traditional medicine.
Aromatherapy Uses: Used to stimulate digestion, increase circulation, as a liniment for muscle and joint pain, and as an antiseptic; useful for colds, nausea, preventing motion sickness and jet-lag. Very concentrated.
Safety Considerations: May cause skin or mucous membrane irritation if undiluted.
Customer Reviews for Ginger CO2 - Organic
- Fresh ginger Review by M.
- Very mush like fresh ginger, a clean, true, and full fragrance. Both bright and invigorating with a slightly citrus-like quality, and with warm spiciness. I like it very much, though small amounts go a long way. (Posted on 6/20/14)
- Fresh Grated Ginger! Review by Scully
- This CO2 extract smells and tastes like fresh grated ginger root. I used it as a vaping flavor for my e-cig. Deliciously fresh. And just a few drops needed. It's very pungent and potent. It also has a strong golden yellow color that stains a little bit so be careful with clothing. (Posted on 4/29/13)