Sandalwood, New Caledonia
- PLEASE NOTE: This product is unavailable until early 2015.
- Botanical Name: Santalum astrocaledonicum
- Origin: New Caledonia
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Heartwood
- Cultivation: Plantation Grown
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Base
- Aroma: sweet, woody and Santalol-rich
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Our Sandalwood Essential Oil from New Caledonia is rich in Santalol, the constituent that gives Sandalwood its signature aroma, making it an affordable alternative to Indian sandalwoods.
Sandalwood is revered for its sweet, warm, woody and rich aroma. It is widely sought after in body care, skin care, natural perfumes, and incense for its beautiful fragrance and calming effects. Used in India for centuries in religious and spiritual practices, as well as in traditional medicine for thousands of years, Sandalwood is a well-respected oil.
The Sandalwood most recognized is the Santalum album oil from the Mysore region of India. It is pretty well know these days that this Sandalwood has become virtually extinct due to years of over harvesting and poaching. The good news is that this created a need for cultivating various species of Sandalwood using more sustainable practices to meet consumer demand for this popular oil.
Eden Botanicals offers a wide variety of species of Sandalwood from around the globe to fit your budget and needs. We source our oils from reputable sources that are ethically harvesting the trees so this precious resource can be sustained. If you are unsure of which Sandalwood to order, we offer a sampler pack so you can experience each one prior to committing to purchase.
Aromatic Profile: Warm, sweet, woody, slightly sharp, with light, fresh notes.
Appearance: Clear to off-white liquid.
Use: In natural perfumery, skin and body care, incense, spiritual and religious practices, meditation.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to add a base and a woody, sweet note to your blends.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Sandalwood, New Caledonia
- who hates sandalwood ? Review by saad
- i love this sandalwoold. I love the woody scent and if you love that you will like it. I will try Sandalwood, Australian - Premium next. (Posted on 5/7/13)
- Warm and Soft Review by CL
- This is a slightly more affordable alternative to the East Indian Santalum album. It blends beautifully and has the characteristic warmth and softness of sandalwood, with a faint blonde honey-like note that I enjoy. (Posted on 3/27/13)
- Yummy! Review by Sandra
- This sandalwood is sweet and woody. Great quality. Best sandalwood I've found. Smells amazing and lasts all day! (Posted on 3/8/13)
- AMAZING! Review by Lauretta
- This is the BEST smelling sandalwood I've ever tried, and I have tried many. However, this is the only sandalwood I've actually tried from Eden Botanicals, so I cannot speak for the rest of them. What I especially love about this sandalwood is that it is very sweet. Although sandalwood is always an expensive oil compared to most, this is actually a very good price for such an exquisite scent. It may be my favorite of all the essential oils I've owned!! (Posted on 2/19/13)