Sandalwood Absolute, New Caledonia
- Botanical Name: Santalum austrocaledonicum
- Origin: New Caledonia
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute
- Plant Part: Heartwood
- Cultivation: Wild Grown
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Base
- Aroma: Warm, sweet, woody, with maple syrup-like notes
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Our Sandalwood Absolute offers a unique woody-sweet aroma in natural perfumes and skin and body care formulations. If you’re looking for a maple syrup-like note to your blends this is your oil!
Sandalwood is revered for its sweet, warm, woody and rich aroma. It is widely sought after in body care, skin care, natural perfumes, and incense for its beautiful fragrance and calming effects. Used in India for centuries in religious and spiritual practices, as well as in traditional medicine for thousands of years, Sandalwood is a well-respected oil.
The Sandalwood most recognized is the Santalum album oil from the Mysore region of India. It is pretty well know these days that this Sandalwood has become virtually extinct due to years of over harvesting and poaching. The good news is that this created a need for cultivating various species of Sandalwood using more sustainable practices to meet consumer demand for this popular oil.
Eden Botanicals offers a wide variety of species of Sandalwood from around the globe to fit your budget and needs. We source our oils from reputable sources that are ethically harvesting the trees so this precious resource can be sustained. If you are unsure of which Sandalwood to order, we offer a sampler pack so you can experience each one prior to committing to purchase.
Aromatic Profile: Warm, woody and sweet, with maple syrup-like notes.
Appearance: Slightly viscous, amber-colored liquid.
Use: In natural perfumery, and to fragrance skin and body care.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to add a base and a woody, sweet note to your blends.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
- sweet and wonderful Review by lisa
- I put this on by itself the othe day and my husband would not leave me alone. He insisted it was the best perfume ever. it is a cedar-y smell but so complex. It is smoky sweet, vanilla like and has an indescribable sweetness. It is beguiling and seductive. My new signature fragrance. (Posted on 5/23/13)
- Smooth and similar to Indian Sandalwood Review by jesnco
- I've tried a couple versions of Sandalwood from Eden Botanicals and while I was a huge fan of the Vanuatu Sandalwood, I notice they're not selling it anymore??? I was glad I also bought the New Caledonia version because it is a very nice alternative to the Indian Sandalwood. I will continue to purchase this variety although I might have to try that sample pack of theirs too! :-) (Posted on 3/19/13)
- Yummy Review by Jennifer
- This product smells delicious. It's warm, sweet and buttery and would make a great addition to natural perfume blends. (Posted on 3/16/13)