Jasmine Sambac Absolute
- Botanical Name: Jasminum sambac
- Origin: India
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Not as sweet as our other Jasmine Absolutes from India and Egypt; has a green and somewhat fruity initial aroma with a rich floral/honey/tea undertone, turning sweeter in the drydown.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Jasmine Sambac Absolute
Our Jasmine Sambac Absolute is an extremely beautiful oil for Jasmine lovers. It has a slightly different aroma than Jasmine grandiflorum – it is not as sweet as our Jasmine Absolutes from India and Egypt. Its somewhat green fruity initial aroma is followed by the characteristic floral/honey/tea notes that become sweeter in the drydown. Our Jasmine Sambac has a powerful reputation as an aphrodisiac and is great in natural perfumery for a greener, lighter and fresher jasmine aroma.
Jasmine is native to China, Northern India and Western Asia, with up to 43 species of Jasmine recorded in India alone. All of our Jasmine offerings have a combination of deep, intensely sweet floral notes and a very smooth character.
Jasmine is an oil that brings a lightness and happy feeling to those who use it. Perhaps because it is a known aphrodisiac and helps to dispel fear, guilt, and emotional blocks, Patricia Davis notes in her book Subtle Aromatherapy that Jasmine is the most important oil for those who want to spiritualize the intimate aspect of their relationships. “With Jasmine, we are helped to understand that there is no division between physical and divine love.”
Aromatic Profile: Not as sweet as our other Jasmine Absolutes from India and Egypt; has a green and somewhat fruity initial aroma with a rich floral/honey/tea undertone, turning sweeter in the drydown.
Appearance: Very dark, transparent orange-red liquid.
Use: Natural perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your perfume blends until the desired effect is achieved. For a pre-blended and affordable dilution of this oil, see our Jasmine Sambac Absolute - 10%.
Blends Well With: Ambrette Seed, Amyris, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cassie, Cedarwood, Chamomile (Roman), Clary Sage, Coriander, Frankincense, Galbanum, Geranium, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Mandarin, Melissa, Neroli, Orange, Orange Blossom, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Tuberose, Vetiver, Violet Leaf, Ylang Ylang. Jasmine “has the ability to round off any rough notes and blends with virtually everything.” (Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils.)
Safety Considerations: Not to be used during pregnancy; can induce contractions. Dilute prior to using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Jasmine Sambac Absolute
- Sweet and spicy Review by Asgard
This is a lovely, complex, intense and intriguing jasmine with what seems to me a sweet water note right up front that settles down into the floral aspect typical of grandiflorum, with a hint of spice. Been comparing the two all day. Not noticing the green aspect at all. I love this jasmine.
(Posted on 4/25/14)
- Very Carnal Review by Wolfy
- I would say that this particular Jasmine is a bit naughtier than your standard Jasminum Grandiflorum variety, It's got plenty of indolic muskiness that gives it a very sensual and earthy edge as well as a bright peach or apricot like fruitiness. Plays very nicely with Tobacco absolute, Atlas Cedarwood, and Bergamot. (Posted on 11/22/13)
- Mysterious and intriguing Review by Dan
- I use this oil for my aphrodisiac blends with Oud and sandalwood. It's aroma has great potential for women who need relax and for man who need softness in their character. Great perfumery quality makes this oil luxurious ingredient only for the best and individual perfume! (Posted on 3/28/13)
- A buoyant heart note! Review by JR
- A lovely extract lacking the unpleasant solvent smell so common in other jasmine absolutes. Etherial, tart, with a hint of new-leaf green this lovely clear, orange extract is exquisite. Use it traces to improve any perfume. A buoyant heart note that embraces every citrus, floral, forest, or herbal note. Does fascinating things with deep resinous bases. Blend with roman chamomile and the blue oils for joyful effects. If I had to buy one jasmine, this would be it! (Posted on 2/19/13)
- A beauty in its own class Review by Sky Prince
Many, just like I am, are in love with Jasmine. Who is not? It's beautiful, it's elegant, it's mesmerizing.
Jasmine Sambac absolute is no different. It has its own character though. Instead of the total sweetness of Jasminum Grandiflorum, Jasmine Sambac has more earthy and green and may be a bit of spicy character along with its sweetness. It's has a very strong scent and just a minute amount will add a lot to a blend. It's a multi-dimensional absolute and each sniff opens a different door in your brain. (Posted on 2/16/13)