Frankincense CO2, India
- Botanical Name: Boswellia serrata
- Origin: India
Process: CO2 Select Extract
- Plant Part: Resin
- Cultivation: Wild Grown
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery / Incense
- Note: Base Note (excellent fixative)
- Aroma: Warm, resinous, smooth, rich musky/earthy yet subtle, deep, and complex aroma; has a slight licorice-like undertone and a light medicinal topnote.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Indian Frankincense CO2 Select Extract
This beautiful Frankincense CO2 from India is highly prized in perfume formulas as an outstanding fixative and for providing good tenacity. It has a slightly medicinal topnote that provides “lift” in perfume formulas.
Prized for millennia, Frankincense, like Myrrh, is an oil especially valued for use in skincare preparations for prevention of wrinkles1 and dry, damaged or mature skin,2 in respiratory formulas (Frankincense with Lemon or Pine), for support of the immune system (Frankincense with Palmarosa), and for nervous depression (Frankincense with Geranium).3 The oil has pain-relieving and decongestant properties4,5 and the aroma is renowned for sacred uses, its ability to instill deep tranquility of mind, and to slow the breath rate, making it ideal for meditation purposes.6,7
Each Frankincense oil that we offer is of very high quality and we recommend all of them. From a traditional view, one would perhaps choose one of our steam distilled Frankincense essential oils, particularly for aromatherapy purposes, because the CO2 extraction process is newer. However, both of our Indian and Somalian Frankincense CO2 oils offer to the natural botanical perfumer a more complete aromatic profile with higher, brighter top notes and deeper, more complex bottom notes than the steam distilled Frankincense oils.
Aromatic Profile: Warm, resinous, smooth, rich musky/earthy yet subtle aroma; has a slight licorice-like undertone and a light medicinal topnote. Outstanding fixative properties.
Appearance: Pale golden yellow, slightly viscous, transparent liquid.
Use: Aromatherapy, Natural Perfumery, Incense.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to add a full-bodied base note to your blends. “Gives delightful effects in citrus colognes and “incense” type perfumes; an important ingredient in Oriental bases, “powder”, floral and violet type perfumes.” (Steffen Arctander, Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin.)
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Clove, Cypress, Galbanum, Geranium, Ginger, Jasmine, Juniper, Labdanum, Lavender, Mandarin, Myrrh, Neroli, Oakmoss, Palo Santo, Patchouli, Pink Lotus, Mandarin Petitgrain, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Thyme, Tobacco, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang. We also recommend blending the different types of frankincense oils we carry to create a unique, complex frankincense accord.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
1 Tisserand, Robert. The Art of Aromatherapy, 1977, p. 230
2 Keville, Kathi and Mindy Green. Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, 1995, p. 96.
3 Rhind, Jennifer Peace. Essential Oils – A Handbook for Aromatherapy Practice, 2012, p. 153.
4 Price, Shirley and Len Price. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 2nd ed., 1999, p. 68.
5 Tisserand, Robert. The Art of Aromatherapy, 1977, p. 230.
6 Hoffman, David. The New Holistic Herbal, 1991, p. 14.
7 Mojay, Gabriel. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, 1996, pp.74-75, 138.
Customer Reviews for Frankincense CO2, India
- best ever Review by catmar
- I have tried frankincense from various online sellers. Nothing can come close to Eden Botanicals. I wish shipping to Canada was less expensive. (Posted on 10/21/13)
- Out of this world Review by Eleanor
Gently strong, bright, clear uplifting, rich, balsamic, out of this world aroma.
I use this oil in various synergies: mature facial (with rose geranium, sea buckthorn and other oils), aches and pains, bath, emotional balance and sleep encouragers. Very nice with Spikenard and citrus.
(Posted on 3/1/13)
- favorite frankincense oil Review by miket
- I use frankincense CO2 oils in my ultrasonic nebulizer and applied to the arms/wrist. Really great smell, something very intoxicating and mellow, some citrus notes. Similar to the Somalia blend, I lean towards using this oil and would buy more of it in the future. Highly recommended. (Posted on 2/21/13)
- Very True Frankincense Scent Review by Sky Prince
- Frankincense has a very unique and distinguishable scent. It's a perfect oil for oriental blends and it has number of benefits when used in aromatherapy. I love the resin form of frankincense and the Omani is my all times favorite but it's really hard to find the true scent when you try the oils. Eden's Frankincense CO2 – India is an exception. Its smell is very much like the real resins and the depth that it adds to the blends is incredable. I think the CO2 distilation helped this oil to find that true character. Very nice alternative to Omani and highly recommended. (Posted on 2/16/13)