Jasmine CO2 Select Extract
Jasmine is native to China, Northern India and Western Asia, with up to 42 species of Jasmine recorded in India alone.
The richness of our Jasmine Absolute cannot be overstated! All of our Jasmine Absolutes, CO2 extracts and organic extracts have a combination of deep, intensely sweet floral notes and very smooth character.
Jasmine is an oil that brings a lightness and happy feeling to those who use it. Perhaps because it helps to dispel fear and guilt, Patricia Davis notes that Jasmine is the most important oil for those who want to spiritualize the intimate aspect of their relationships.
Our Jasmine CO2 extract is extracted from the Jasmine concrete, rather than the flowers themselves. The concrete is produced during the first stage of creating Jasmine Absolute, then the oil from the concrete is extracted using modern CO2 technology. The result is a very viscous oil with an aroma that is lighter, more delicate and more ethereal than the Jasmine absolute. Quite heavenly! However, since Jasmine CO2 is not completely liquid it is more challenging to work with.
Surprisingly, Jasmine CO2 is longer lasting on aroma strips than the Jasmine Absolute. It is a very lovely oil and recommended to all lovers of Jasmine.
Aromatherapy Uses: Aphrodisiac, antidepressant, sedative, dry and/or mature skin, dispels emotional blocks
Physical Appearance: Viscous and waxy golden substance that is solid at room temperature and requires special use instructions to blend.
Blending Suggestions: Jasmine CO2 blends well in Jojoba oil but stays a bit cloudy until settling out on the bottom of the bottle. Filtering through coffee filters will then remove the sediment. In alcohol, Jasmine CO2 also becomes cloudy and then settles out to the bottom. After filtering the alcohol tincture will be clear.
Customer Reviews for Jasmine CO2
- Genuine and multi-faceted Review by M.
- From the sampler pack, this is my favorite. More complex, with an almost animal musky or smoky tone under the sweet and light floral. Smells very genuine and seems to capture more of the flower than the absolutes, as lovely as they are. (Posted on 6/20/14)
- Beautiful jasmine Review by Clayton
- Everytime my Eden order arrives, the samples I have chosen seduce me into placing another order straight away. I just restocked my jasmine absolute and I thought to try this CO2 extract without any expectations. It's beauty and realism exceeded all my expectations. While the absolute feels rich and dense, this CO2 version has light and sparkle. It also captures the greeness of the real flower that is not so present in the absolute (reminding me more of jasmine sambac). My next order with Eden Botanicals will include a larger size of this fantastic extract! (Posted on 6/12/14)
- Not my favorite Review by Asgarde
- I do not like this jasmine. The sample I received from batch 455-2-3 smells of solvent. Even after dilution and application, this has not faded. I can't tell whether the jasmine fragrance is pleasant or not because the solvent notes overpower it. Jasmine Absolute India, Sambac and Organic Extract are far better as far as I'm concerned, and all very lovely in their own way. (Posted on 5/22/14)
- Deeply Sweet Review by Musa
- I ordered this two or three years ago. Because it is pretty much solid or waxy at room temperature, it takes a bit of effort to work with; I had to mix it with 3/4 coconut oil to make it easier to blend with other oils. But it is well worth the effort. Just like its dark orange color, the aroma of this oil is deeply sweet; it is almost like a "manly" jasmine. I am a guy and I would not be afraid to wear it anywhere. Jasmine blends very well with citrus. I made a 4 oz. blend with jasmine C02, Indian sandalwood, balsam of Peru, orange, bergamot, and possibly some others (I forgot) as part of a dowry for my wife and she loves it and still uses it today. (Posted on 5/29/13)
- My favorite Jasmine Review by Lauretta
- After sampling Eden Botanical's Jasmine Absolutes from both India and Egypt as well as Jasmine CO2, Jasmine CO2 is the clear winner for me. First, it seems more concentrated, so a small amount seems to go further. Second, to me, the aroma smells closest to actual jasmine flowers (which I grow, so I'm very accustomed to the smell). Finally, as noted above, the scent does seem to linger longer, and the price is really good. I highly recommend this product. (Posted on 2/19/13)