Geranium, Egypt - Organic
- Botanical Name: Pelargonium x asperum
- Origin: Egypt
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Leaves / Tops
- Cultivation: Cultivated, Certified Organic (NOP)
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Very fresh, lightly floral, with rich, leafy green/herbaceous body notes; somewhat penetrating.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Organic Egyptian Geranium Essential Oil
Our certified organic (NOP) Egyptian Geranium is an exquisitely beautiful, soft yet full bodied Geranium essential oil that we highly recommend. Geranium essential oil is one that is highly prized for its beneficial effects for skincare, the female reproductive system, the nervous system, and the lymphatic/endocrine system. It is considered antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and detoxifying, and is indicated for balancing both dry and oily skin and the production of the skin’s sebum.
Geranium essential oil is also noted for its benefits in relaxing the body and relieving tension. A person’s anxiety, restlessness, irritability, driven behavior, and/or fear are all indications, on a fundamental level, of an imbalance of the Will, according to Gabriel Mojay in his book Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit. “A combination of geranium and orange oils is called for, to pacify the Will and ease frustration.”
Aromatic Profile: Very fresh, lightly floral, with rich, leafy green/herbaceous body notes; somewhat penetrating.
Appearance: Very pale yellow, transparent liquid.
Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your blends until the desired effect is achieved.
Blends Well With: Angelica, Basil, Laurel Leaf, Bergamot and other citrus oils, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Citronella, Clary Sage, Clove, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lime, Neroli, Oakmoss, Orange, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood. We also recommend blending the different types of geraniums we carry to create a unique, complex geranium accord.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Geranium, Egypt - Organic
- Rich Geranium Review by What Men Should Smell Like
- This is a voluptuous geranium with such complex aromas from the minty facets to the metallic rosy facets. I love it! (Posted on 3/22/13)