Eucalyptus, Blue Gum
Australian Blue Gum Eucalyptus Essential oil
Blue Gum Eucalyptus is the most well-known of all the many species of Eucalyptus essential oils available. The oil of this tree is thought to have antibacterial and wound healing properties. For hundreds of years, the Aborigines of Australia have used Eucalyptus leaves for their disinfectant value. Groves of these trees were planted in swampy areas of North Africa to halt the spread of malaria. Jean Valnet, MD, reported that 70% of airborne staph bacteria were killed when a 2% emulsion of Eucalyptus oil was used as a spray.
Blue Gum Eucalyptus has a fresh, camphorous aroma and is useful for a wide range of respiratory, muscular, and skin ailments. This particular Eucalyptus oil should not be used for treating the elderly and young children, Eucalyptus - Narrow Leaf is recommended instead.
Aromatherapy Uses: Antiseptic, immuno-stimulant, anti-inflammatory, treats skin, ear, nose and throat problems, lungs and coughs, urinary ailments, fevers, fatigue, arthritis, repels insects, cooling. Fresh, camphorous vapors are effective at clearing the nasal passages and useful for congestion and colds.
Safety Considerations: Avoid use with small children, elders, epileptics, pregnant and/or nursing women. Eucalyptus - Narrow Leaf is much gentler and preferred for use with children and seniors.
- High Quality Review by Debi
- This product, like all the oils I have purchased from Eden Botanicals is so pure and high quality you can smell the difference with one sniff. I have a blend I use for colds and chest congestion, that this is miraculous in. There is not another equivalent to this oil on the market that I have found. (Posted on 3/14/13)
- Good Quality Eucalyptus Review by MY
- I have been an aromatherapist for a long time. I am living in Australia where most Eucalyptus comes from. Eucalyptus is very useful for your general life. I can tell this is good quality Eucalyptus. I have been coughing from my allergy for awhile and this oil helped a lot. (Posted on 2/26/13)
- Ideal for use in vapourizer Review by Bee Lian
- Very refreshing and uplifting when used in vapourizer. Just like smelling Vicks. (Posted on 2/14/13)