Jasmine Absolute, India
- Botanical Name: Jasminum grandiflorum
- Origin: India
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle / Base note
- Aroma: Intensely floral, very sweet, tenacious, with a deep richness and a somewhat musky and coumarin-like undertone.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Indian Jasmine Absolute
Our very fine Jasmine Absolute from India is the epitome of floral essences; its traditional name – the King of Flowers – denotes its stature for its well-loved scent and powerful reputation as an aphrodisiac. It harmonizes well with almost all other essences and, due to its potent aroma, is best diluted in a carrier oil or alcohol before blending with other oils. Only a hint of this precious oil is needed to impart elegance, balance, and smoothness to perfume creations.
Jasmine is native to China, Northern India and Western Asia, with up to 43 species of Jasmine recorded in India alone. All of our Jasmine offerings have a combination of deep, intensely sweet floral notes and a very smooth character.
Jasmine is an oil that brings a lightness and happy feeling to those who use it. Perhaps because it is a known aphrodisiac and helps to dispel fear, guilt, and emotional blocks, Patricia Davis notes in her book Subtle Aromatherapy that Jasmine is the most important oil for those who want to spiritualize the intimate aspect of their relationships. “With Jasmine, we are helped to understand that there is no division between physical and divine love.”
Aromatic Profile: Intensely floral, very sweet, tenacious, with a deep richness and a somewhat musky and coumarin-like undertone.
Appearance: Deep orange-red, transparent, mobile liquid.
Use: Natural perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your perfume blends until the desired effect is achieved. For a pre-blended and affordable dilution of this oil, see our Jasmine Absolute, India - 10%.
Blends Well With: Ambrette Seed, Amyris, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cassie, Cedarwood, Chamomile (Roman), Clary Sage, Coriander, Frankincense, Galbanum, Geranium, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Mandarin, Melissa, Neroli, Orange, Orange Blossom, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Tuberose, Vetiver, Violet Leaf, Ylang Ylang. Jasmine “has the ability to round off any rough notes and blends with virtually everything.” (Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils.)
Safety Considerations: Not to be used during pregnancy; can induce contractions. Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Jasmine Absolute, India
- Queen of flowers Review by Clayton
- As you would expect from a jasmine grandiflorum absolute, this is rich, indolic and dense smelling. Indisposable for the perfumer, and reminiscent of perfumes past, when there was much more freedom to use these costly naturals in much higher quantities. Eden Botanicals' Indian jasmine absolute is very nice! (Posted on 6/12/14)
- Rich and gorgeous Review by BShea
- This jasmine grandiflorum from India is rich, round, warm, and sweet-a classic jasmine and really nice. The top notes are fresh, floral, slightly fruity,and sweet and it has subtle undertones of musk and spice, It is the jasmine I always use for my blends. A must have necessity for a perfumers palette. It blends with almost anything and everything. I highly recommend it. It is a amber brown mobile liquid with great tenacity. (Posted on 3/1/13)
- Lovely Jasmine Review by Natalie
- This is a lovely jasmine. It is quite heavy and has a true jasmine scent with none of that horrible solvent smell that I have smelt from quite a few other jasmines that I have tried. It's creamy, deep and hypnotic. (Posted on 2/23/13)
- Heavy and lush Review by Sedna Bee
- This is one of the heavier jasmines I have ever smelled, but it is gorgeous as a base for lighter florals. Makes a daffodil like scent with the Neroli Fine that you offer. (Posted on 2/14/13)