- Botanical Name: Citrus reticulata
- Origin: Brazil
- Process: Cold Pressed Essential oil
- Plant Part: Peels
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Top Note
- Aroma: Sweet, rich aroma from the Honey Tangerine, like cutting into the fresh fruit.
- Caution: Photosensitizing
- Certificate of Analysis
Murcott Tangerine Essential Oil
Originating in China, the first Tangerine seedlings to be planted in the U.S. were apparently propagated by Col. G L Dancy about 1871 in the southern states of America, thus this fruit is sometimes known as the Dancy Tangerine.
Our Murcott Tangerine is a delightful Tangerine essential oil. Sweet and with a more subtle aroma than Mandarin, Murcott Tangerine essential oil is said to promote happiness and have a positive effect on cellulite and stretch marks. This oil is also a favorite with children.
Tangerine essential oil is useful for improving circulation and reducing fluid retention. It also seems to have a gentle, soothing action on the nervous system and so is helpful for stress and tension. Use with care and in dilution as citrus oils can be phototoxic.
Customer Reviews for Tangerine Murcott
- Like sunshine on a gloomy day Review by Elizabeth C.
- This beautiful orange-coloured oil starts with rich citrus notes, but moderates as it dries into a light, airy tone. Of all my citrus oils, this is the one I'm happiest using as a single scent. It just makes my mood brighten and lifts any weights from my shoulders. (Posted on 2/17/13)