Sandalwood - Rare
This oil is not to be missed by those who are looking for superior-quality Indian Sandalwood. Ethically harvested from the Tamil Nadu region of India, this oil is reminiscent of rare Mysore sandalwood.
Sandalwood is revered for its sweet, warm, woody and rich aroma. It is widely sought after in body care, skin care, natural perfumes, and incense for its beautiful fragrance and calming effects. Used in India for centuries in religious and spiritual practices, as well as in traditional medicine for thousands of years, Sandalwood is a well-respected oil.
The Sandalwood most recognized is the Santalum album oil from the Mysore region of India. It is pretty well know these days that this Sandalwood has become virtually extinct due to years of over harvesting and poaching. The good news is that this created a need for cultivating various species of Sandalwood using more sustainable practices to meet consumer demand for this popular oil.
Eden Botanicals offers a wide variety of species of Sandalwood from around the globe to fit your budget and needs. We source our oils from reputable sources that are ethically harvesting the trees so this precious resource can be sustained. If you are unsure of which Sandalwood to order, we offer a sampler pack so you can experience each one prior to committing to purchase.
Aromatic Profile: Rich, woody, sweet, and smooth, reminiscent of Sandalwood of the past from the Mysore region of India.
Appearance: Clear to off-white liquid.
Use: In natural perfumery, skin and body care, incense, spiritual and religious practices, meditation.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to add a base and a woody, warm, sweet note to your blends.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Sandalwood - Rare
- Just what I was looking for... Review by Nikki
- I had been looking for a 'Mysore Sandalwood' type of sandalwood for a while... basically, something smooth, sweet, warm, woody, and long lasting. The harshness of the other Sandalwood oils that are available turn me off because there doesn't seem to be any balance against the initial abrasiveness. This Sandalwood Rare oil met my expectations. I use it layered under Sandalwood based fragrances and I use it for aromatherapy/external purposes. I wouldn't describe it as soft because its not meek by any stretch of imagination, however, it is not abrasive. It's a perfect balance. It is wonderful. I suspect that it will only get better with age. I will buy it until the stock runs out. (Posted on 6/19/13)
- Beautiful Review by Julia
- This is my favorite sandalwood. Beautiful, soft, and long lasting. After putting some neat on my hand, the scent lingered even after washing my hands a few times. (Posted on 3/24/13)
- The classic sandalwood that we all know and love.... Review by BShea
- Rare Sandalwood: This IS the classic Indian Sandalwood (although I'm not sure if its from Mysore or not). Honestly I prefer the Hawaiian. Next to the Hawaiian this seems rather weak. It has that classic Sandalwood odor and lasts as the Hawaiian, but the Hawaiian has a lot more presence. But I think the drydown of this might be better; warmer, softer, creamier. The drydown of the Hawaiian is definitely a stronger woodier odor. Maybe the Hawaiian for more masculine blends and the Indian for more feminine blends? (Posted on 2/27/13)
- A Sandalwood that feels right! Review by Brady
- This is a very nice oil with great depth in its notes. Creamy, Woody, Bold yet delicate....When i breathe in this Sandalwood it carries me somewhere and definitely not all Sandalwood's can do this. If you love Sandalwood, this is something to look into! (Posted on 2/20/13)
- simply amazing Review by amylee
I ordered this in the sample because I was not sure of the quality. I am simply amazed at this essential oil. It's expensive because it's rare and very high quality sandalwood, from east india.
This Sandalwood is warm, sensuous, and so alluring. I will be buying a bigger bottle soon. (Posted on 2/15/13)