Sandalwood - Organic
- Botanical Name: Santalum album
- Origin: Sri Lanka
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Heartwood
- Cultivation: Plantation Grown, Certified Organic
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Base
- Aroma: Initial sharp note; woody, warm and sweet upon dry down
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
This Sandalwood species Santalum alum is organically grown in Sri Lanka. It has a high percentage of santalol, and starts off with a slight sharp note, then dries down with a warm, sweet, woody richness.
Sandalwood is revered for its sweet, warm, woody and rich aroma. It is widely sought after in body care, skin care, natural perfumes, and incense for its beautiful fragrance and calming effects. Used in India for centuries in religious and spiritual practices, as well as in traditional medicine for thousands of years, Sandalwood is a well-respected oil.
The Sandalwood most recognized is the Santalum album oil from the Mysore region of India. It is pretty well know these days that this Sandalwood has become virtually extinct due to years of over harvesting and poaching. The good news is that this created a need for cultivating various species of Sandalwood using more sustainable practices to meet consumer demand for this popular oil.
Eden Botanicals offers a wide variety of species of Sandalwood from around the globe to fit your budget and needs. We source our oils from reputable sources that are ethically harvesting the trees so this precious resource can be sustained. If you are unsure of which Sandalwood to order, we offer a sampler pack so you can experience each one prior to committing to purchase.
Aromatic Profile: Woody, sweet, with sharp, fresh notes.
Appearance: Clear to off-white liquid.
Use: In natural perfumery, skin and body care, incense, spiritual and religious practices, meditation.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to add a base and a woody, warm, sweet note to your blends.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
- Fine Sandalwood Review by Wonderful
- This Sandalwood smells really good and lasts a long time. Just a little bit will go a long way! (Posted on 2/21/13)
- Can't beat it for the Price! Review by Brady
- This Sri Lanken oil is a great Sandalwood for a great price! To be honest I feel it is very very similar in quality to EB's rare variety. It has a delicate creaminess yet also a very nice topnote to add in to its boldness. I have experienced better Sandalwood's but for the price you cannot beat this! (Posted on 2/20/13)