Rose Otto, Turkey
- Botanical Name: Rosa damascena
- Origin: Turkey
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Fresh, softly sweet, with subtle green and spicy notes. A very good quality, affordable Rose Oil.
- Certificate of Analysis
Turkish Rose Otto Essential Oil
Our Turkish Rose Otto is a great multi-purpose Rose oil, offered at a great price. Rose oil is renowned for its deep psychological effects and harmonizing properties for the body, mind and soul.
For its perfume, the rose reigns supreme amongst the flowers of the world. Homer and Pliny, Ovid and Virgil refer especially to the rose being esteemed more for its perfume than for its beauty, writes Roy Genders. Jeanne Rose states that the first distillation of rose oil was probably by the Arabs in 500 AD, although ancient drawings show primitive stills as far back as 10,000 BC.
Our Rose Otto oil is a pale yellow liquid that will form (as do all true steam distilled Rose oils) white or colorless crystals of one of its components - stearopten - at a temperature below 70 degrees Fahrenheit; the oil will solidify into a thin paste-like mass at even cooler temperatures. This does not alter the quality of the oil. By gently rolling the bottle between your hands, the oil will soon warm and return to a completely liquid state.
There is perhaps no better essential oil for women and men than Rose oil for use in treating conditions of the reproductive system. It is highly valued in formulas for mature, dry and sensitive skin, and its tonic action on the heart appears to help relieve cardiac congestion, improve sluggish circulation, and tone the capillaries.
In perfumery, Rose Otto is more potent than rose absolutes, so you can use a smaller amount to achieve the same level of odor intensity. According to Steffen Arctander, even trace amounts (fractions of one percent) of Rose Otto in many types of perfume blends can do wonders. In fact, we suggest that care must be taken not to use too much, as it can overpower a formula. Happily, Rose Otto combines well with many other essential oils and is useful for "rounding off" blends.
Aromatherapy Uses: Psychologically harmonizing
Perfumery Uses: The oil of love, deep psychological effect, encourages opening of the heart, soothes the emotions.
Customer Reviews for Rose Otto, Turkey
- Love at first smell... Review by Sky Prince
- I'm a rose addict. I've tried many kinds of rose ottos and this is one of my favorites among all. It's very suitable for blending and even for wearing by itself. Even though Bulgarian is considered superior most of the time, this Turkish rose otto is more acceptable to my nose. It does not have any hursh notes. Instead it's more citrusy and a bit lemony. The color is in the whiter side than pale yellow. It is so calming and soothing. Perfect for your beauty receipes. I think this oil is a little gem waiting to be discovered. Finally, Eden Botanical's price is hard to beat for such a lovely rose otto. I'm a huge fan. (Posted on 2/16/13)