- Cinnamon and styrofoam Review by David J
- Very warm and spicy. There is a strong hint of something very like cinnamon, but more tenacious and less bombastic; a spiciness that won't overwhelm your blend. There is a sweet, chemical like component similar to opoponax (sweet myrrh) that is particularly nice when rounded out with vanilla. (Posted on 1/28/14)
- Tears of resin Review by What Men Should Smell Like
- The quality of styrax can vary. This is my styrax of choice. Nicely balanced with sweet notes of dried fruit. A great choice for blending oriental style perfume creations. (Posted on 3/22/13)
- Eden's Liquidambar Review by Michele L.
- I ordered a sample of this Liquidambar and was very surprised at its sweet but mellow note. It's hard to describe, but is indeed myrrh-like or amber-like, with a hint of floral sweetness. A wonderful little brightener for any woodsy mix. I've paired it with the Nagarmotha, vetiver and patchouli for something a little different. A good one to try if you're in the mood to experiment. You'll not go wrong! (Posted on 2/25/13)
- sweet surprise Review by stella
- This was the first time I smelled styrax and I can say I was pleasantly surprised. Yes it's sweet but it also has some of the human warmth of a very good myyrh. A great component of any kind of amber interpretation. (Posted on 2/18/13)