Basil, Sweet ct Linalool
- Botanical Name: Ocimum basilicum
- Origin: Egypt
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Leaves and Tops
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Top to Middle note
- Aroma: Sweet, spicy scent with a balsamic undertone
- Aromatherapy Uses: Calming basil, linalool chemotype. Excellent in antiseptic skincare preparations, as well as useful for clearing headaches and congestion.
- Certificate of Analysis
Sweet Basil ct. Linalool Essential Oil
Sweet Basil essential oil has a sweet, uplifting aroma, and is useful for headaches (including migraines), earaches, 'flu symptoms, sinus congestion, depression, and fatigue. It also has a balancing effect on the nervous system and is considered an excellent nerve tonic.
Sweet Basil is credited with the ability to give the mind strength and clarity and as such is regarded as a useful study aid.
Sweet Basil essential oil is also quite useful in natural perfumery for its lasting sweetness and unique herbaceous/woody/balsamic undertones.
- Fresh and Uplifting Review by CS
- I was looking for a fresh scent that was different from the usual lime, lemon, grapefruit. Basil was exactly what I was looking for. It was sweet, herbaceous but at the same time really fresh! (Posted on 5/12/13)