Vetiver, Sri Lanka - Organic
- Botanical Name: Vetiveria zizanioides
- Origin: Sri Lanka
- Process: Steamed Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Roots
- Cultivation: Cultivated, Certified Organic (NOP)
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Base Note
- Aroma: Full-bodied, rich and smoky, high in sesquiterpenes.
- Certificate of Analysis
Vetiver, Sri Lanka - Organic
Over the years we have had a few certified organic Vetiver essential oils, but this is one of the nicest. Vetiver Essential oil varies dramatically in aroma depending on where it is grown (soil type, county of origin, etc.) and our organic Vetiver from Sri Lanka is excellent. Smooth and full-bodied with great character that will age well for many, many years (we recommend putting some away to age for 5 or 10 years). Vetiver (a.k.a. Vetivert and Khus) has a long history of use and is known as the "Oil of Tranquility".
Vetiver essential oil is obtained from the roots of a tropical grass originally from India and Sri Lanka, but the plant is now grown in many tropical countries. It is a thick oil that, like Patchouli and Sandalwood, improves with age.
Vetiver is another essential oil that makes a good base note and fixative in essential oil blends. It is used in formulas for arthritis and muscular aches as well as for its sedative, relaxing qualities.
Aromatherapy Uses: Helps stimulate circulation, good for acne and dry skin, helps to relieve nervousness.
Perfumery Uses: Promotes tranquility, valued as a fixative.
- Nice! Review by SailingSouth
- This vetiver reminds me oud oil, one of my favorite scents. It lacks the complexity of oud, but has that same smoky quality that reminds one of a campfire. I like it. (Posted on 12/8/13)
- This Vetiver -just the best! Review by Teropage
- My experience in oils is as an amateur, but I am a good nose person. I used a long time ago, Patchouli & Almiscar... and maybe Vetiver, I think. When I found Eden Botanicals, I decided to buy samples of Patchouli/Amber, Aphrodite's Love Oil, Cardamon, Mystic Wind and VETIVER... Wow, I just loved it. A drop on the neck and wrist after shower before going to bed, is just what you need to have a wonderful night of sleep & sweet dreams. Thank you so much, Eden Botanicals =) (Posted on 8/16/13)
- ONE OF MY FAVE. Review by saad
- I LOVE THIS Vetiver, Sri Lanka - Organic. It's woody smooky and sweet. It is strong at first but after a few minutes you wil love this vetiver very much. Trust me you will like it. (Posted on 5/7/13)
- Very, very nice: rich, substantive, completely clean Review by Trenace
- I much prefer this over all other vetivers I have tried. It's completely clean while having all the qualities I'm looking for. What I mean by "clean" is that it has absolutely no notes that I'd rather it didn't have, or would wish that it had less of. I don't have a finished formulation with it yet, but I've run it actually at 20% of perfume formulation with promising-seeming results, and certainly 10% of formulation seems entirely likely. Any other vetiver I don't ever seem to go past 5%. For a simple "perfume oil" (different category than perfume) even having it at two-thirds of the formulation was quite nice. I really like this. (Posted on 3/23/13)
- Very Deep and tenacious! Review by Mich
As stated in the description, this organic vetiver from Sri Lanka is deep, earthy and tenacious, with a long lasting smokey, woodsy scent that will have strangers ask, "What ARE you wearing?"
Alone or paired with patchouli (or other favorites) you can go about your day without the need to apply more. This ages beautifully, growing more complex, viscous and dark with age, while the smokiness mellows into a background note. If you want to buy a scent that only gets better with age, this is it!
If you like vetiver be sure to buy a larger size to enjoy it as it matures! (Posted on 12/28/12)