Helichrysum - Organic
- Botanical Name: Helichrysum italicum
- Origin: Corsica
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Wild Grown, Certified Organic (ECO CERT)
- Use: Aromatherapy
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Refreshing, herbaceous, with pungent and earthy undertones
- Contraindications: See Overview
- Certificate of Analysis
Helichrysum Essential Oil - Organic
Our organically grown Helichrysum from Corsica is a beautiful therapeutic grade essential oil. There are many species of Helichrysum, and this one (Helichrysum italicum) is considered to be the best, and one of the most important essential oils, for aromatherapy. It is a very safe essential oil, and should be a part of your natural therapy first aid kit.
Helichrysum essential oil can be used highly diluted in skin formulas and other therapeutic blends for its beneficial results, thus a small amount will last a long time.
Aromatherapy Uses: An important oil in skincare for wound healing, bruising, scarring, acne and a multitude of skin irritations. Excellent anti-inflammatory for joint pain.
Safety Considerations: Contains ketones. Avoid use with small children, elders, epileptics, pregnant and/or nursing women.
- Effective Review by Sierra
- I bought a small amount of this helichrysum for a few different uses. It seems to help (diluted) with my son's ezcema. I also apply a tiny amount, neat, to my recently strained trapezious muscle. Within minutes the pain is reduced by 90%. A great oil to have on hand. (Posted on 9/9/13)
- Warm, detoxifying Review by Dave
The Helichrysum, organic is a beautiful oil. I was unsure at first, seemed like a tonic mom might force on you. But, as I used it, I discovered that is really is a tonic, in a different way. Warm and sunny - one of the most “clean” and “gentle” oils I know, just a slight distant honey aroma, and otherwise, pure and detoxifying. Also great for insect bite mixtures. A fine distillation, Eden. Keep up the great work!
(Posted on 3/5/13)
- Corsican Helichrysum Review by Phoebe
- This organic Helichrysum is warm with a gentle earthiness. I find it deeply comforting and familiar - something like hay, like country fields and sunshine. Like a mysterious combination of the trees, the fields, the wild flowers... (Posted on 2/16/13)