Cypress Leaf - Organic
- Botanical Name: Cupressus sempervirens
- Origin: France
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Branches / Leaves
- Cultivation: Wild Grown, Certified Organic (NOP)
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Bright, fresh, herbaceous, slightly woody
- Contraindications: See Overview
- Certificate of Analysis
Cypress Leaf Essential Oil - Organic
Highly valued in medicine and as incense by ancient civilizations, Cypress is still used by the Tibetans as a purification incense.
Cypress does not easily decay (thus the Latin name "sempervirens" - lives forever) and is perhaps the primary reason why the Greeks used Cypress wood to sculpt statues of their gods.
Cypress Leaf essential oil is an important oil for respiratory conditions, cellulitis, and poor circulation; it has a calming, soothing action on the mind. It is also used in perfumes and colognes as a tenacious fragrance component.
Our organic Cypress essential oil is an exceptional quality and a wonderful oil.
Aromatherapy Uses: Astringent, antiseptic, diuretic. Especially helpful for excess of fluids: nose bleeds, heavy menstruation, edema, sweating (particularly the feet), etc. Respiratory and venous decongestant. Calms ruddiness when used in skincare preparations.
Safety Considerations: Not to be used during pregnancy.