- Botanical Name: Boswellia sacra
- Origin: Oman
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Resin
- Cultivation: Wild Grown
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery / Incense
- Note: Base Note (excellent fixative)
- Aroma: Fresh, warm, resinous, coniferous, with peppery undertones and a top note of orange citrus. Overall fresher, brighter frankincense aroma than our Frankincense, Oman – Rare.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
PLEASE NOTE: If you are looking for the aged Frankincense from Oman, it is now referred to as Frankincense, Oman – Rare.
Our beautiful Frankincense from Oman is gathered and distilled in the Sultanate of Oman, a region known for producing high quality Frankincense. It is very similar in aroma to our Frankincense, Oman – Rare, though with slight fruity notes of orange.
Prized for millennia, Frankincense, Oman makes the perfect addition to sacred blends, and has been shown to slow and deepen the breath while focusing the mind, making it very beneficial to apply prior to meditation. It gives refreshing yet warm notes to natural perfumes and makes a great fixative. It is also very useful in skin and body care products designed for mature skin and scarring due to its regenerative properties.
Each Frankincense oil that we offer is of very high quality and we recommend all of them. From a traditional view, one would perhaps choose one of our steam distilled Frankincense essential oils, particularly for aromatherapy purposes, because the CO2 extraction process is newer. However, both of our Indian and Somalian Frankincense CO2 oils offer to the natural botanical perfumer a more complete aromatic profile with higher, brighter top notes and deeper, more complex bottom notes than the steam distilled Frankincense oils.
No compound has been found that has the typical odor of Frankincense. Perhaps this accounts for why, in its rich past, this aromatic material was more valuable than gold. Perpetuated in certain religions of the world for centuries, one wonders at what point did religious leaders directly attribute to frankincense the feelings of calm produced when burning their incense. Frankincense in Medieval French means “real incense.”
Aromatic Profile: Fresh, warm, resinous, coniferous, with peppery undertones and a top note of orange citrus. Overall fresher, brighter frankincense aroma than our Frankincense, Oman – Rare. Outstanding fixative properties.
Appearance: Clear, transparent, mobile liquid.
Use: Aromatherapy, Natural Perfumery, Incense.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to add a full-bodied base note to your blends. “Gives delightful effects in citrus colognes and “incense” type perfumes; an important ingredient in Oriental bases, “powder”, floral and violet type perfumes.” (Steffen Arctander, Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin.)
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Clove, Cypress, Galbanum, Geranium, Ginger, Jasmine, Juniper, Labdanum, Lavender, Mandarin, Myrrh, Neroli, Oakmoss, Palo Santo, Patchouli, Pink Lotus, Mandarin Petitgrain, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Thyme, Tobacco, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang. We also recommend blending the different types of frankincense oils we carry to create a unique, complex frankincense accord.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Frankincense, Oman
- True Boswella Sacra scent Review by Rg
This is a lovely oil. The intensity is perfect for that layer of citrus in a wood blend. Vaporized with Palo Santo they invoke a feeling of calm and well being. As a blend though I prefer it with sandalwood and Cedar at a 8% dilution. You
can't go wrong with this. Batches of Sacra resin vary widely in availability and scent. Just let Eden deal with this consistency issue and we can concentrate on using the high quality essential oil. (Posted on 9/24/14)
- the Best Frankincense in the World Review by COREY
- This is a very sacred Frankincense. Don't be fooled by various manufacturers using the botanical name of B. Sacra. Only the one from the Oman region exemplifies this divine aroma. (Posted on 9/19/14)
- Frankincense is my best friend Review by Kero
Frankincense is my first essential oil. Frankincense gives me the feeling of peace and it's good for the lungs, breathing leisurely, it can make me feel comfortable and can release my pressure.
When I have menstrual pain, I will dilute Frankincense and put into my stomach, my pain will gone.
(Posted on 9/17/14)
- Rich Aroma Review by JS
- This frankincense is rich, deep, warm, and sweet. This aroma is uplifting, calming, meditative, relaxing, and promotes higher states of spiritual awareness. This is one oil that everyone should own for their collection! (Posted on 9/6/14)
- A beautiful and sacred frankincense!! Review by Amber
- I love ALL versions of frankincense, it is my favorite oil!! I would have to say this one is my favorite of all the varieties you guys carry, though! (Posted on 9/2/14)
- Divine oil that is very uplifting Review by Cobbs
- This is the best frankincense that I have ever had up to this point. I have tried different frankincense oils from different companies but this one from Eden Botanicals is perfect. It is an injustice if you never try this one out. I have used this for blending and skin rejuvenation so far. (Posted on 9/1/14)
- My favorite Review by cjohns
- Frankincense oman is my favorite & go to for almost everything. When in doubt, use frankincense! (Posted on 8/29/14)
- Vibrant and Very Special Review by SB
- This rare frankincense is vibrant and worthy of the most glorious perfumed creations. I have a small bottle of it and I cherish it. (Posted on 8/29/14)