- (Also known as Moroccan Blue Chamomile)
- Botanical Name: Tanacetum annuum
- Origin: Morocco
- Process: Steamed Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Leaves / Tops
- Cultivation: Wild Grown
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Top / Middle Note
- Aroma: Warm, sweet, herbaceous, with notes of camphor.
- Certificate of Analysis
Blue Tansy Essential Oil
Blue Tansy essential oil's vivid deep blue color develops during the steam distillation process when chamazulene is released from the plant material as it is subjected to heat. It has an agreeable, sweet, and softly diffusive, herbaceous aroma.
Blue Tansy essential oil is important in aromatherapy and is useful for treating burned, inflamed and damaged skin. It is also a valuable essential oil for addressing allergic reactions and reducing pain.
Aromatherapy Uses: A blue oil due to its high azulene content, it is very beneficial for burned, inflamed, or damaged skin, and helps calm anxiety and relax the mind.
Appearance: Dark, royal blue mobile liquid
Safety Considerations: Avoid use with small children, elders, epileptics, pregnant and/or nursing women.
Customer Reviews for Tansy, Blue
- Effective Anti-histamine Review by Sierra
- My four year old suffers daily from allergies, mostly in his eyes- which can swell up like golf balls! I do not want to give him Benadryl every day and wanted something more natural. I smear a drop of blue tansy, neat, on his cheeks and under his nose (along with a prayer!). It does leave a faint blue mark but it really helps. The smell is very strong but very pleasant- sweet, herbal, almost minty. At a drop or two a day it is also cheaper than buying allergy meds. (Posted on 8/17/13)
- mmm. i love blue tansy Review by lisa
- It is not toxic like its cousin tansy. It is sweet and floral, almost chamomile like. It only takes a few drops to enhance your blend. I love this blue tansy and highly recommend it. (Posted on 5/23/13)