- Botanical Name: Citrus reticulata
- Origin: Brazil
- Process: Cold Pressed Essential oil
- Plant Part: Peels
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Top Note
- Aroma: Sweet, rich aroma from the Honey Tangerine, like cutting into the fresh fruit.
- Caustion: Photosensitizing
- Certificate of Analysis
Murcott Tangerine Essential Oil
Originating in China, the first Tangerine seedlings to be planted in the U.S. were apparently propagated by Col. G L Dancy about 1871 in the southern states of America, thus this fruit is sometimes known as the Dancy Tangerine.
Our Murcott Tangerine is a delightful Tangerine essential oil. Sweet and with a more subtle aroma than Mandarin, Murcott Tangerine essential oil is said to promote happiness and have a positive effect on cellulite and stretch marks. This oil is also a favorite with children.
Tangerine essential oil is useful for improving circulation and reducing fluid retention. It also seems to have a gentle, soothing action on the nervous system and so is helpful for stress and tension. Use with care and in dilution as citrus oils can be phototoxic.
- Like sunshine on a gloomy day Review by Elizabeth C.
- This beautiful orange-coloured oil starts with rich citrus notes, but moderates as it dries into a light, airy tone. Of all my citrus oils, this is the one I'm happiest using as a single scent. It just makes my mood brighten and lifts any weights from my shoulders. (Posted on 2/17/13)