- Botanical Name: Rhododendron anthopogon
- Origin: Nepal
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Cultivation: Wild Grown
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Fresh, sweet, balsamic and herbaceous, a unique addition to any perfumer’s pallet.
- Certificate of Analysis
Rhododendron Leaf Essential Oil
Rhododendron Leaf (aka Anthogopon) essential oil is a little known, yet beautiful addition to the perfumer's palette. The aroma is uniquely fresh, sweet, balsamic and herbaceous.
Aromatherapy Uses: An effective decongestant and antispasmodic for the respiratory system.
Customer Reviews for Rhododendron Leaf
- Fresh, green, lavendaceous, and fruity! Review by BShea
- Rhododendron leaf: I was always curious about it, so I got a sample. I really like it. It's a very pleasant green, leafy fragrance, rich and round, with coniferous and lavender-like nuances. It's odd, I put this with tangerine essence (distilled from the juice) and it ended up smelling like pineapple! It's really great with lavender, coriander, and bergamot. I think it would be great for colognes, green blends and green florals. This oil mixed with tangerine, lime, white champaca, and black currant bud would make a great tropical fruit-like accord for a tropical blend (then I would add ylang ylang, and plumeria to the heart note) It is colorless and a mobile liquid. (Posted on 2/27/13)