- Botanical Name: Lavandula angustifolia
- Origin: Bulgaria
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Smooth, soft, green and luscious, with rich coumarin-like sweetness that resembles the fresh botanical material.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Our Lavender Absolute from Bulgaria is the ultimate Lavender for use in natural perfumery. It is smooth and luscious, with a coumarin-like sweetness that resembles the fresh botanical material. This is a perfumery must-have!
Lavender Absolute is for use in perfumery only. If you are interested in using Lavender for therapeutic purposes, please see our four other high-quality Lavender essential oils that we carry.
Lavandula angustifolia is the true lavender (as opposed to spike lavender, lavandin, etc.). It is produced throughout the world, although France is considered the premier growing region, and is the source of two of our best-selling Lavender essential oils (High Elevation and Wild).
Lavender is the most popular and most often used essential oil here in the United States. It can be blended into many formulas, and has been a part of fine fragrances for centuries. Lavender is a middle to top note and can be used as a perfume modifier; it can also help mask unpleasant aromas of oils you want to use it in aromatherapy blends.
Aromatic Profile: Smooth, soft, green and luscious, with rich coumarin-like sweetness that resembles the fresh botanical material.
Appearance: A brownish-green viscous liquid.
Use: In natural perfumery; adds a rich body note to natural perfumes. Not for therapeutic purposes.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your blends until the desired effect is achieved.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Citronella, Clary Sage, Clove, Geranium, Jasmine, Labdanum, Laurel Leaf, Lemon, Mandarin, Oakmoss, Orange, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Thyme, Vetiver. We also recommend blending the different types of lavenders we carry to create a unique, complex lavender accord.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Lavender Absolute
- A Well-Balanced Lavender Scent Review by greenvanilla
- I was surprised by this lavender absolute. No rough edges, no harsh notes...nice softly rounded lavender scent with just the right balance of green herbaceous notes and a touch of sweetness... (Posted on 7/24/13)
- Lovely. Review by Brockton
- I've never been a huge fan of lavender oils; something just always sits wrong with me. But this; this is beautiful, hands down. Very much like the live plant which I -do- like. Sweet and rich. I don't see how I could ever use the standard oil again unless I needed to watch my coumarin content. (Posted on 6/27/13)
- A beautiful heart note. Review by CL
- soft, rich and floral, without the slight harshness of some lavender essential oils. The complexity reveals itself in dilution and it's a useful heart note; you can also layer it with lavender eo to give it more depth and presence in a blend. (Posted on 3/27/13)
- beautiful scent! Review by AS
- I bought this for use in natural perfumery, and I am really enjoying it in blends... it is a greener and fresher scent than regular lavender essential oil, and blends beautifully with oils like oakmoss and petitgrain. I'm excited about working with this for spring blending! (Posted on 3/20/13)
- Perfect Lavender!! Review by Michele
- Another Eden favorite of mine and I am not a big Lavender oil fan. It is much finer than regular lavender and lacks the metallic harsh edge that some lavenders have. Wonderful in perfume blends. A++++ (Posted on 2/28/13)
- My FAVORITE lavender Review by Lauretta
- First, I haven't tried any of the other lavenders on this site. However, I have smelled A LOT of lavender from various vendors (including lavender 40/42, lavender from South Africa, lavender 30/32, and others), and this one is the sweetest and closest to the actual lavender flowers that I have found. I also love the blue color. It is highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way. I highly recommend this lavender for perfumery! (Posted on 2/19/13)
- Distinctive Review by LS
- I am not a big lover of lavender myself but I was surprised by this one and loved it straight away. Will be ordering more. (Posted on 2/18/13)
- Ronald Review by Ronald
- I use this one for "little noses" and sensitive noses as the cobtonamiin is very soothing especially to calm children. Should work on adults (smile). Found this in a book. Roman chamomile (or regular) 5 drops Neroli (preferably) or Tangerine 2 dropsReferences : Complete Aromatherapy Handbook (Posted on 7/24/12)