Lavender - High Elevation
- Botanical Name: Lavandula angustifolia
- Origin: France
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Wild Grown
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle / Top Note
- Aroma: Very fine green floral, sweet herbaceous Lavender – penetrating, clear and fresh.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
High Elevation Lavender
Our Lavender – High Elevation essential oil is one of our most popular Lavenders. No wonder this oil is so universally appreciated with its uplifting, sweet-herbaceous, green floral aroma!
Lavandula angustifolia is the true lavender (as opposed to spike lavender, lavandin, etc.). It is produced throughout the world, although France is considered the premier growing region, and is the source of two of our best-selling Lavender essential oils (High Elevation and Wild).
Lavender is the most popular and most often used essential oil here in the United States. It can be blended into many formulas, and has been a part of fine fragrances for centuries. Lavender is a middle to top note and can be used as a perfume modifier; it can also help mask unpleasant aromas of oils you want to use it in aromatherapy blends.
In the world of essential oils, Lavender is one of (if not) the most commonly used due to its versatility and pleasant scent. It can be safely applied to a broad array of conditions; to soothe burns, take the sting out of insect bites, calm headaches and anxiety, as well as invigorate the senses. Lavender also makes a wonderful addition to skin care for any skin type products due to its ability to balance the skin and soothe irritation. In Ayurvedic terms, this oil has cooling and drying energy to help relax the mind, soothe tension and anxiety, ease frustration and pent-up emotions, and to evoke calmness and composure. This is one oil that should be part of everyone’s collection!
Aromatic Profile: Very fine green floral, sweet herbaceous Lavender – penetrating, clear and fresh.
Appearance: Clear, water-white, very mobile liquid.
Use: Aromatherapy, natural perfumery, body care, incense, cleaning/room fragrance, and as a single scent.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your blends until the desired effect is achieved.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Citronella, Clary Sage, Clove, Geranium, Jasmine, Labdanum, Laurel Leaf, Lemon, Mandarin, Oakmoss, Orange, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Thyme, Vetiver. We also recommend blending the different types of lavenders we carry to create a unique, complex lavender accord.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Lavender - High Elevation
- Fresh, clean, crisp. Review by Lisa
- I love lavender! I have purchased many lavender essential oils from various suppliers over the years, and I have not found one that compares to this chemotype of lavender. I was looking for a fresh clean, crisp, full fragrant lavender that didn't smell champhorous. Look no more! This is the one. It smells as fresh as my lavender plants growing in my garden. I'm in love! (Posted on 3/17/13)
- A pure, fresh and clean Therapeutic Lavender Review by Debi
- I researched for a while to find the very best oils I could. I learned all about the extraction process to keep the oils pure and therapeutic. This is how I found Eden Botanicals. This lavender is so pure, fresh, and clean smelling, it assures me I made the correct choice of companies. I have used this lavender already in my diffuser, and it filled my home with such a wonderful aroma, keeping us relaxed and happy. I have also used it to clean my mattress, and an area rug. Using baking soda mixed with the lavender freshens and cleans fabrics of all types, naturally with no harm to the fabric. I highly recommend this oil for all the therapeutic values it has. (Posted on 2/14/13)