Jasmine Sambac Absolute - 10%
- Botanical Name: Jasminum sambac
- Origin: India
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute - 10% Dilution in Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Not as sweet as our other Jasmine Absolutes from India and Egypt; has a green and somewhat fruity initial aroma with a rich floral/honey/tea undertone, turning sweeter in the drydown.
Jasmine Sambac Absolute - 10% Dilution
Our Jasmine Sambac Absolute – 10% is an extremely beautiful oil for Jasmine lovers. It is blended with Fractionated Coconut Oil to create a long lasting diluted Jasmine that is easily incorporated into your fixed oil-based blends. It may also be used as is for a natural perfume. Jasmine Sambac has a slightly different aroma than Jasmine grandiflorum – it is not as sweet as our Jasmine Absolutes from India and Egypt. Its somewhat green fruity initial aroma is followed by the characteristic floral/honey/tea notes that become sweeter in the drydown. Our Jasmine Sambac has a powerful reputation as an aphrodisiac and is great in natural perfumery for a greener, lighter and fresher jasmine aroma.
Jasmine is native to China, Northern India and Western Asia, with up to 43 species of Jasmine recorded in India alone. All of our Jasmine offerings have a combination of deep, intensely sweet floral notes and a very smooth character.
Jasmine is an oil that brings a lightness and happy feeling to those who use it. Perhaps because it is a known aphrodisiac and helps to dispel fear, guilt, and emotional blocks, Patricia Davis notes in her book Subtle Aromatherapy that Jasmine is the most important oil for those who want to spiritualize the intimate aspect of their relationships. “With Jasmine, we are helped to understand that there is no division between physical and divine love.”
Aromatic Profile: Not as sweet as our other Jasmine Absolutes from India and Egypt; has a green and somewhat fruity initial aroma with a rich floral/honey/tea undertone, turning sweeter in the drydown.
Appearance: Transparent medium orange-red oil.
Use: Natural perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your perfume blends until the desired effect is achieved. For the pure and undiluted version of this oil, see our Jasmine Sambac Absolute.
Blends Well With: Ambrette Seed, Amyris, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cassie, Cedarwood, Chamomile (Roman), Clary Sage, Coriander, Frankincense, Galbanum, Geranium, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Mandarin, Melissa, Neroli, Orange, Orange Blossom, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Tuberose, Vetiver, Violet Leaf, Ylang Ylang. Jasmine “has the ability to round off any rough notes and blends with virtually everything.” (Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils.)
Safety Considerations: Not to be used during pregnancy; can induce contractions. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Jasmine Sambac Absolute - 10%
- Delicious Review by Caine
- This jasmine is not the jasmine you initially think of that you're used to smelling. This is the seductive woman who speaks through subtle body language and half-lidded eyes rather than actively speaking with you, the quiet one at the end of the room who draws you in with warm gaze, subtle floral aroma and incredible intoxicating companionship. As a guy who ordinarily loathes jasmine and once raised a jasmine plant, this stuff is the best. Don't assume it's weak because it's diluted- it's extremely potent and plays very well in blends! (Posted on 5/23/13)
- Incredibly rich and intoxicating! Review by Stephanie K
This is a perfume in its own right. Smooth, seductive, and heady. Blends well with many other essences.
The dilution makes it easy to blend with and it is by no means weak at this level.
A definite must-have. Thanks Eden! (Posted on 4/30/13)