Jasmine Absolute, Egypt - 10%
- Botanical Name: Jasminum grandiflorum
- Origin: Egypt
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute, 10% dilution in Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Plant Part: Flowers (Harvested before Dawn)
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle / Base Note
- Aroma: Intensely floral, sweet, tenacious, with a somewhat musky and tea/honey undertone; slightly lighter than Jasmine Absolute from India, yet still very concentrated.
Egyptian Jasmine Absolute - 10% Dilution
This is a 10% dilution of our Egyptian Jasmine Absolute – renowned for its beautiful aroma – in Fractionated Coconut Oil. The richness of our Jasmine Absolute from Egypt cannot be overstated! It is premixed to make it affordable and easy to use. Try blending it with your favorite essential oils, absolutes and CO2 extracts, or with other Jasmine Absolutes. Only a hint of this precious oil is needed to impart elegance, balance, and smoothness to perfume creations.
Jasmine is native to China, Northern India and Western Asia, with up to 43 species of Jasmine recorded in India alone. All of our Jasmine offerings have a combination of deep, intensely sweet floral notes and a very smooth character.
Jasmine is an oil that brings a lightness and happy feeling to those who use it. Perhaps because it is a known aphrodisiac and helps to dispel fear, guilt, and emotional blocks, Patricia Davis notes in her book Subtle Aromatherapy that Jasmine is the most important oil for those who want to spiritualize the intimate aspect of their relationships. “With Jasmine, we are helped to understand that there is no division between physical and divine love.”
Aromatic Profile: Intensely floral, sweet, tenacious, with a somewhat musky and tea/honey undertone; slightly lighter than Jasmine Absolute from India, yet still very concentrated.
Appearance: Light orange-red, transparent, mobile oil.
Use: Natural perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your perfume blends until the desired effect is achieved. For the pure and undiluted version of this oil, see our Jasmine Absolute, Egypt.
Blends Well With: Ambrette Seed, Amyris, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cassie, Cedarwood, Chamomile (Roman), Clary Sage, Coriander, Frankincense, Galbanum, Geranium, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Mandarin, Melissa, Neroli, Orange, Orange Blossom, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Tuberose, Vetiver, Violet Leaf, Ylang Ylang. Jasmine “has the ability to round off any rough notes and blends with virtually everything.” (Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils.)
Safety Considerations: Not to be used during pregnancy; can induce contractions. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Jasmine Absolute, Egypt - 10%
- Sweet, floral aroma Review by JS
- Where to begin. This oil is very fragrant. A small amount goes a long way. It's very uplifting, known to counteract hopelessness, anxiety and nervousness. Diffusing has been reported to decrease depression, indifference, and listlessness. This is another critical oil you want to add to your collection of, "must haves." (Posted on 9/6/14)