Geranium, South Africa - Organic
- Botanical Name: Pelargonium x asperum
- Origin: South Africa
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Leaves / Tops
- Cultivation: Cultivated, Certified Organic
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note in Perfumery: Middle Note
- Aroma: Floral with fresh/green and soft, yet penetrating lemony/rose body notes.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Organic South African Geranium Essential Oil
This is a beautiful Geranium for aromatherapy, body care and perfumery. Our organic Geranium from South Africa is great for the skin and has a very pleasing aroma that we highly recommend! Geranium essential oil is one that is highly prized for its beneficial effects for skincare, the female reproductive system, the nervous system, and the lymphatic/endocrine system. It is considered antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and detoxifying, and is indicated for balancing both dry and oily skin and the production of the skin’s sebum.
Geranium essential oil is also noted for its benefits in relaxing the body and relieving tension. A person’s anxiety, restlessness, irritability, driven behavior, and/or fear are all indications, on a fundamental level, of an imbalance of the Will, according to Gabriel Mojay in his book Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit. “A combination of geranium and orange oils is called for, to pacify the Will and ease frustration.”
Aromatic Profile: Floral with fresh/green and soft, yet penetrating lemony/rose body notes.
Appearance: Very pale green/yellow, transparent liquid.
Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your blends until the desired effect is achieved.
Blends Well With: Angelica, Basil, Laurel Leaf, Bergamot and other citrus oils, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Citronella, Clary Sage, Clove, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lime, Neroli, Oakmoss, Orange, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood. We also recommend blending the different types of geraniums we carry to create a unique, complex geranium accord.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Geranium, South Africa - Organic
- a great floral geranium Review by stella
- This is the most sweet geranium i've ever used. Less minty or earthy than than the others, so an excellent material for the budding perfumer. (Posted on 4/8/13)
- Crisp, green note! Review by savingface
- This S.African organic is perfect...! The crispness of the oil just shouts organic, fresh, and healing! It is a pleasure to find such a selection of geranium in one source, thank you Eden! (Posted on 2/23/13)