- Botanical Name: Eucalyptus citriodora
- Origin: South Africa
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Aromatherapy
- Note: Top Note
- Aroma: Fresh, cool, lemony, reminiscent of lemongrass or citronella.
- Contraindictions: See Overview
- Certificate of Analysis
South African Lemon Eucalyptus Essential oil
Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil has a refreshing and relaxing aroma. It is especially useful in anti-herpes formulas and, due to its high citronellal content, as an insect repellant.
Lemon Eucalyptus is also a good anti-fungal agent, and appears to have antibacterial, analgesic, sedative and calming properties.
Aromatherapy Uses: Refreshing and energizing, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antiviral and a sedative. Useful in natural insect repellents.
Safety Considerations: May cause skin or mucous membrane irritation if undiluted.
Please visit our blog for more information on Lemon Eucalyptus and its possible uses.
Customer Reviews for Eucalyptus, Lemon
- Real Lemon Eucalyptus Chemotype of Eucalyptus Tree (No Blend of Lemon and Eucalyptus EO) Review by COREY
- This lemon eucalyptus is the real deal unlike some brands that create a blend of lemon and eucalyptus EO. This Lemon Eucalyptus is a chemotype of the real eucalyptus tree and has its own medicinal properties. Due to the soil, temperature, moisture and climate, this oil produces a lemony scent that is high in citrol. This one works really well for respiratory issues, arthritis, poor circulation and the list goes on. This oil has a sweet lemony fresh scent with a hint of woody notes. This oil is like a citrusy espresso because of it awakening effects when inhaled. This oil will blend nicely in feminine floral and citrus perfumes. (Posted on 9/6/14)
- Very nice! Review by SailingSouth
- I normally wouldn't think of using eucalyptus in a fragrance blend due do its strongly medicinal quality, but this lemon eucalyptus is delicate and really lemony. There are lot's of potential uses for this beyond using it as medicine. It really has a lovely, fresh, citrusy fragrance. (Posted on 12/8/13)