Amber Oil, Fossilized - 5%
Fossilized Amber oil is produced from fossilized tree resin that is millions of years old. Unlike our oils from living plants, there is no essential oil that can be directly obtained from the fossilized resin. Instead, the oil comes from a process called dry distillation whereby the amber resin is processed over high heat until an oily substance is obtained.
While there are several sources for Amber around the world, Eden Botanicals is the sole source in North America for this rare form of fossilized Amber Oil. Instead of the inferior oil extracted from Baltic amber, our Fossilized Amber Oil is extracted from 35 million year old Himalayan fossilized tree resin. This makes for a dark, viscous oil with smoky, resinous, leathery, woody-dry notes and hints of pine and balsamic overtones.
Our 5% dilution in Sunflower oil makes fossilized Amber oil more affordable and easier to use. Try blending it with your favorite essential oils, absolutes and CO2 extracts for a distinct smoky background note.
Blends well with: Angelica, Balsam of Peru, Cedarwood, Champaca, Cinnamon Bark, Cocao, Fir Balsam, Geranium, Jasmine, Labdanum, Liquidambar (Styrax), Nagarmotha, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Tobacco, Tuberose, Vanilla, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang.
- Complexity and Beauty of Amber Oil Fossilized. Review by Scent By Alexis
- I have been searching for a natural amber oil for ages, and it was not until I procured Eden's Amber Oil Fossilized that I finally stopped searching. This oil is so complex and rich. It has an amazing woodsy body wrapped in something slightly sweet. Its strong and viscous, and has great staying power. It is marvelous on its own, but blends beautifully with both vanilla and heady flowers. I strongly recommend this very special oil! (Posted on 2/27/13)
- An accord in its own right. Review by AJ
The 5% blend of the Fossilized Amber is a great, affordable way to incorporate this wonderfully complex note into your designs. Woody, smokey, warm, and with a real sense of the age of the material, this dilution is much easier to use than the 100% Fossilized Amber, which is quite solid at room temperature. With all the beautiful complexity it yields, this oil is almost an accord in its own right.
(Posted on 2/19/13)
- Better than any amber perfume Review by Sara08
- This is it. If you've been looking for the perfect simple amber-y fragrance, just sample this. It's divine! (Posted on 2/16/13)