Neroli Extra - 10%
- Botanical Name: Citrus aurantium
- Origin: Tunisia / Morocco / Lebanon
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil - 10% Dilution in Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle / Top Note
- Aroma: Delicately sweet, balanced and heady white floral. The aroma of fresh orange blossoms with light citrus and green undertones.
Neroli Extra 10% Essential Oil
Our Neroli Extra has just the right amount of sweet floral notes along with light citrus and green undertones to bring a sense of orange trees blossoming in sunshine on a cool spring day. Soft, sweet and delicious, Neroli Extra adds a beautifully delicate note to your blends.
The blossoms come from the bitter orange tree, a resilient evergreen which belongs to the Rutaceae family, and are the same flowers that are used to extract Orange Blossom Absolute. Oils and absolutes are produced using very different processes, rendering oils with somewhat different aromas and textures. The absolute is solvent extracted, amber-colored and more viscous than Neroli essential oil, which tends to be lighter in color with a more delicate aroma.
Neroli was first introduced as a fashionable scent near the end of the 17thcentury by the duchess of Bracciano, princess of Nerola. It was said that she used it to perfume her gloves and in the water used for bathing, and this beautiful oil has been known as Neroli ever since. Today Neroli essential oil is widely used in perfumery, skincare, and in blends to help promote relaxation and relieve stress.
If you are unsure of which Neroli to order, we offer a sampler pack so you can experience each one prior to committing to purchase.
Aromatherapy Uses: Tonic, sedative, emollient, aphrodisiac, antiseptic, immuno-stimulant
Aromatic Profile: Delicate, sweet, heady white floral with slight citrus and green undertones.
Appearance: Yellow colored liquid. This is a 10% dilution in a carrier oil base of 90% Fractionated Coconut Oil.
Use: In fine natural perfumery, in skincare for balancing oil – especially dry, irritated or sensitive skin – and for its ability to calm the mind and ease nervous tension.
Blending Suggestions: For the pure and undiluted version of this oil, see our Neroli Extra.
- Wonderful! Review by KS
- I used this to scent a whipped body butter, and wasn't sure if it would come through strongly enough, but it absolutely did. Heavenly Neroli scent, citrusy and green, and a good value. Another good diluted blend from Eden! (Posted on 5/2/13)