Jasmine Absolute, India - 10%
- Botanical Name: Jasminum grandiflorum
- Origin: India
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute - 10% Dilution in Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use:Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle / Base Note
- Aroma: Intensely floral, very sweet, tenacious, with a deep richness and a somewhat musky and coumarin-like undertone.
Indian Jasmine Absolute - 10% Dilution
Our Jasmine Absolute, India – 10% is blended with Fractionated Coconut Oil to create a long lasting diluted Jasmine that is easily incorporated into your fixed oil-based blends. It may also be used as is for a natural perfume. The richness of our Jasmine Absolute from India cannot be overstated! It is premixed to make it affordable and easy to use. Try blending it with your favorite essential oils, absolutes and CO2 extracts, or with other Jasmine Absolutes. Only a hint of this precious oil is needed to impart elegance, balance, and smoothness to perfume creations.
Jasmine is native to China, Northern India and Western Asia, with up to 43 species of Jasmine recorded in India alone. All of our Jasmine offerings have a combination of deep, intensely sweet floral notes and a very smooth character.
Jasmine is an oil that brings a lightness and happy feeling to those who use it. Perhaps because it is a known aphrodisiac and helps to dispel fear, guilt, and emotional blocks, Patricia Davis notes in her book Subtle Aromatherapy that Jasmine is the most important oil for those who want to spiritualize the intimate aspect of their relationships. “With Jasmine, we are helped to understand that there is no division between physical and divine love.”
Aromatic Profile: Intensely floral, very sweet, tenacious, with a deep richness and a somewhat musky and coumarin-like undertone.
Appearance: Light orange-red, transparent, mobile oil.
Use: Natural perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your perfume blends until the desired effect is achieved. For the pure and undiluted version of this oil, see our Jasmine Absolute, India.
Blends Well With: Ambrette Seed, Amyris, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cassie, Cedarwood, Chamomile (Roman), Clary Sage, Coriander, Frankincense, Galbanum, Geranium, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Mandarin, Melissa, Neroli, Orange, Orange Blossom, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Tuberose, Vetiver, Violet Leaf, Ylang Ylang. Jasmine “has the ability to round off any rough notes and blends with virtually everything.” (Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils.)
Safety Considerations: Not to be used during pregnancy; can induce contractions. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Jasmine Absolute, India - 10%
- Not my favorite Review by Asgarde
- I find the aroma faint, and even when I apply 10x the amount I would use of the full strength Jasmine India, it fades much faster. It also didn't smell the same to me as the 100% Jasmine India; it reminded me a little bit of Jasmine C02, but milder. Though more expensive, I'll be buying the regular version of this Jasmine instead. (Posted on 5/22/14)
- Stunning, rich, heady Jasmine Review by BEAJ
- This is gorgeous, with none of that chemical smell that Jasmine's sometimes have. Flowery, heady, just beautiful. (Posted on 10/20/13)
- Rich indian jasmine absolute, 10% Review by Sam
- Even diluted this is a rich exotic Indian Jasmine. Like the jasmine bushes that bloom in spring and summer. Absolutely beautiful. Great for any perfume base. (Posted on 4/30/13)
- Beautiful base note of authentic indian jasmine Review by Sam
- Rich and floral perfume absolute of Indian Jasmine. More along the lines of what a jasmine bush would smell like walking past it in the springtime. Beautiful to any perfume palette. (Posted on 4/30/13)