Agarwood CO2 - 5%
- Botanical Name: Aquilaria agallocha
- Origin: Assam, India
- Process: CO2 Total Extract, 5% Dilution in Sunflower Oil
- Plant Part: Oleo Resin / Wood of cultivated trees
- Cultivation: Plantation grown using ecologically sound practices
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note in perfumery: Base
- Aroma: Earthy, warm, woody, animalic, musky
Our Agarwood CO2 offers an unusual woody note that blends well in exotic Oriental and woody compositions. A little touch of Agarwood can turn an otherwise simple and ordinary scent into something truly extraordinary. It combines well with resins, balsams, spices and precious florals, and helps deepen the other aromas in a blend, making it more complex and long-lasting.
For a truly unique scent apply our Agarwood CO2, by itself, directly to the skin. Revered as a precious oil, Agarwood is often used as an anointing oil and in sacred oil blends. It is a highly valued addition to any fine natural perfumer’s pallet. Also known as Oud, Aloeswood, Eaglewood Ud, or Kiara, among other names.
Aromatic Profile: Woody, earthy, animalic, fungus-like, slightly medicinal, warm, musky. Think of hay and dirt, after a rain.
Appearance: Mobile and transparent golden oil.
Use: In natural perfumery, or meditation or sacred blends.
Blending Suggestions: Our dilution of 5% Agarwood CO2 in Organic Sunflower Oil, premixed to make it affordable and easy to use as is. Not soluble in alcohol. For the pure and undiluted version of this oil, see our Agarwood CO2
Safety Considerations: Agarwood is considered safe and can be worn neat on the skin. A patch-test is recommended prior to use.
Customer Reviews for Agarwood CO2 - 5%
- Unmistakable secret to woodsy blends Review by Diane
- I'm so excited to try your Agarwood CO2 5% since it is so hard to come by. It is so nice that you offer the 5% which makes it easily available for everyone to use in their blends. It just adds that extra dimension to woodsy blends that gives it that extra depth. (Posted on 9/27/13)
- Warm and Rich Review by Alyssa
- I had been looking for an affordable version of this oil for a while, and this is it! I tried the sample, as I had only heard about the wonderful scent of this oil. Totally worth it. It has a slight sweetness and warmth, and I was surprised by how strong the scent was considering it was a 5% dilution. I'll definitely get this in a larger size in the future. (Posted on 3/14/13)
- What is that? Review by Cheryl
- Agarwood is not a scent that most people can identify. I used this in a solid perfume for my husband and he is constantly asked, what are you wearing? The 5% is so amazing I must try the full strength version. As I think about it maybe I won't try another version, this is sublime. (Posted on 3/7/13)
- A great product at a great price! Review by AJ
- This is such a wonderful way to have what is normally a very pricey ingredient in your design palate. Having a dilution in no way diminishes its beauty but rather enhances its usability. I’m a big fan of dilutions since they often reveal nuances that are not as noticeable in the full-strength version. Diluting a material opens up all the components of a scent and makes it more affordable as a bonus! This dilution is just beautiful, fruity and indolic, with Castoreum overtones; this is a great botanical note that mimics Anamalic notes. (Posted on 2/19/13)
- Grateful Review by SW
- I really appreciate that Eden offers Agarwood CO2 - 5% as it's an affordable way to use this beautiful, rare and expensive material. I've found it adds a subtle but unique note to my perfume blends. I only use a touch but people notice it in the drydown and love it! (Posted on 2/16/13)
- Sweet and Affordable Review by BrownRabbit
- Of all the Agarwood oils I have sampled, this is the sweetest. The diluted Agarwood provides a subtle woody spice mixed with rooted sweetness, creating a solid base note or gentle therapeutic oil. I appreciate the price, and the quality of the source, considering the rarity and preciousness of this most sacred of essences. (Posted on 2/14/13)
- Curious And Unforgettable Review by Mich
Agarwood CO2 5% is one of those scents which is unmistakeable but very rare to find. Before Eden's version, I had only known it through expensive incense and was thrilled to find it here. As stated, it's a warm and woody base note, that quickly loses the first odd top note to mellow to something irresistible and a bit beyond comprehension (much like its origins).
Definitely a scent to add depth and mystery to mixtures. (Posted on 12/28/12)