Kava Kava CO2
- Botanical Name: Piper methysticum
- Origin: Vanuatu
- Process: CO2 Total Extract
- Plant Part: Roots
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Body Care
- Aroma: Warm, rich, somewhat peppery and pungent.
- Contraindications: Possible hepatotoxin; see Safety Considerations below. Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Kava Kava CO2
Our Kava Kava CO2 contains 60% kava pyrones, the major constituent known for reducing anxiety, tension, and restlessness and inducing relaxation. It is an excellent addition to relaxing blends and especially massage.
Blending Suggestions: For a massage oil, we suggest combining no more than 5% Kava Kava CO2 with 95% of another carrier oil, or a combination of other carrier oils, such as Sunflower Oil - Organic, Jojoba Oil, Golden - Organic, or Fractionated Coconut Oil.
Solubility: Soluble in alcohol and fixed oils.
Appearance: Very thick, bright yellow and waxy/pasty substance that is nearly solid at room temperature and requires special use instructions
Safety Considerations: Our review of various research reports regarding the safe use of Kava Kava suggests conflicting views as to whether Kava Kava is hepatotoxic (toxic to the liver). Thus, we caution not using Kava Kava in any form if there are preexisting liver conditions, and to consult your health care practitioner before use. Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Kava Kava CO2
- Good relaxant Review by Raqib
- I found Kava CO2 extract to be a great relaxant. Just take a drop with a toothpick under your tongue. Almost like drinking Kava itself. Overall, a potent product. (Posted on 10/18/13)
- Deeply Calming and Relaxing Review by Peggy
- Kava Kava has a soft, warm, earthy scent. Although it is a bit difficult to work with, it is well worth the effort. When heated, it blends well with other essential oils. This oil is excellent for stress, anxiety and insomnia. (Posted on 3/25/13)